Jump to content

Enable "Lock View (Cycle Padlock)" while in "Object Free Camera" mode


TimRobertsen
 Share

Recommended Posts

Could you please make it possible to enable "Lock View (Cycle Padlock)" while in "Object Free Camera" mode.

This would be great for cinematic shots on and around the carrier of jets passing etc, and of course a whole host of other cinematic shots.

First become an aviator, then become a terminator

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TimRobertsen said:

Could you please make it possible to enable "Lock View (Cycle Padlock)" while in "Object Free Camera" mode.

This would be great for cinematic shots on and around the carrier of jets passing etc, and of course a whole host of other cinematic shots.

Do you mean NumPad “.” to lock and NumPad “Num Lock” to unlock? Or am I misunderstanding the camera view?

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

 

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 16GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Ironhand said:

Do you mean NumPad “.” to lock and NumPad “Num Lock” to unlock? Or am I misunderstanding the camera view?

That's the one. It works in most camera-views, but not when you are in Object Free Camera.

First become an aviator, then become a terminator

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ahhh… RTCTRL+ F2. Had to look it up. I guess the function of that combo is to unlock the F2 view. But as far as your carrier segments are concerned, I’ve gotten good results with F9 followed by various uses of LFTCTRL+F11 to focus on individual aircraft.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

 

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 16GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/6/2022 at 9:05 PM, Ironhand said:

Ahhh… RTCTRL+ F2. Had to look it up. I guess the function of that combo is to unlock the F2 view. But as far as your carrier segments are concerned, I’ve gotten good results with F9 followed by various uses of LFTCTRL+F11 to focus on individual aircraft.

Problem with F2/F9 for ships, is that it only allows you to move the camera up to the model, not on to it.

Free Camera (LFTCTRL+F11) is good for all kinds of stuff, but having it move along a carrier and point in different directions/following passing aircrafts at the same time just doesn't work out.

Enabling Lock View in Object Free Camera would solve this 🙂

First become an aviator, then become a terminator

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...