NEW to DCS, nothing works when i try to run the trainer missions. KEYboard, HOTAS joystick, peddles, mouse etc. help

dcs2020

every time i try to play the game and run one of the tutorials, suddenly my keyboard doesn't work, my joystick, peddles, HOTAS doesn't work or movements are mixed together.  the mouse is ineffective, and i cant even exit out of the game without having to completely restart the computer system.  i am beyond frustrated,  i have tried everything, if anyone has any information that could possibly help me with this i would be greatly appreciated.  otherwise i'm just gonna return everything i have just spent close to $4k on a brand new system just so i could play DCS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcs2020 said:

my joystick, peddles, HOTAS doesn't work or movements are mixed together.

Most likely you have more than one axis binded to the same DCS control, say you have the rudder pedals binded to the aircraft throttle, etc. Check the axis at Options -> Controls for the aircraft you are using, for example this is for my Mirage F1

1HgNPB0.jpg

Note how every row is binded to just one column, if you bind it on two or more columns you get issues like those you describe.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 weeks later...

As for the mixed movements, that is because DCS will assign axis to the rudder for both elevator and ailerons, make sure to delete those.

Also check to see if your trim switch has been assigned to the views, you may also want to delete all of those as well. After that try the options below, good luck!

If deleting the config folder doesn't work there are three other options.

1: Do a repair, which should be easy to find under Apps/Eagle Dynamics

2: Unplug all usb devices and then plug in your controllers indifferent usb ports, just mix them up from what they were. windows will assign them a new identifier, You may have to rebind the controls. But should work.

3: Last resort but do a full clean reinstall. making sure to delete the folders in your documents and saved games folders as well as the games root folder.

Hope that  helps 🙂

Edited by DMouse

Also keep in mind many aircraft modules have two separate control assignment sets in the top left drop down menu (usually called something along the lines of "easy" and "simulation") to be used with game flight mode and simulation flight mode respectively. Make sure you don't mix them up, otherwise none of the control changes you make will work.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.