Black Shark III Screenshots and Videos

Andy1966
Go to solution Solved by Logan54,

Annnnnnnnd, another update. I like to try and customize the pilots when possible, just for fun. I'm working on getting the Persian skin tone, which is a bit of work playing around on top of the default Russian pilot texture, but it's progress. I also am working on swapping the desert tan flight suit for the olive drab that the Iranian helicopter pilots appear to be wearing.

image.png
And, I've also made some progress with the markings. Now it'll mostly be finishing up the pilot and hitting the small detail spots and glaring issues like tan seam lines in the model.

image.png

Edited by aaronwhite
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm debating what I want to do, since I'm not 100% how the new Ka-50 numbers work, but I'm thinking of just getting rid of the numbers instead of going with some thick black numbers. I'll try it out, and if the black numbers look bad, I'll probably just leave them off.

But I got the markings sorted out, it looks like the real one pretty much just had the IRIAA markings masked off, along with the Persian script on the front, and left a big block of area unpainted. 

It should be ready to upload this evening though. Then I can start on the next one.

image.png

nullI need to finish up the numbers, but I think I will ship it out with numbers enabled, and include a line in the config file to allow people to disable them if they (like me) hate the way the numbers look on the engine panels.

It should be uploaded this afternoon!

image.jpeg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In celebration of finishing the nightmare that was doing a 4-tone camo for the AH-64, I figured I would return to a much more sensibly organized template and fun helicopter to skin, while recreating the first DCS skin I ever made over 2 years ago. The file sizes have definitely gone up since then, but the Black Shark 3 shows why it's worth it with all of the details. Hopefully I can wrap it up by next week and then who knows what I'll do next.null

image.png

I created a beast skin for the Ka-50-3.
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3336611/

Beast 2.jpg

Beast 5.jpg

Beast 7.jpg

Beast 8.jpg

• Like 1

Hardware: Windows 11 64Bit, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Pro Wifi II, 64 GB Ram 3600 MHz DDR4, TUF RTX 4080 OC, M.2 SSD ADATA SX8200 2TB, Meta Quest 2, ASUS TUF VG279QM Monitor, TM HOTAS Warthog , VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base mit TM Hornet Stick und Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedalen.

Deutscher Guide zu: Mirage 2000C, MiG-21bis, F5 Tiger II, Mi-8MTV2, F-14B Tomcat, AJS-37 Viggen und Fulgabwehrsysteme

Just about finished on this one! So much more enjoyable than the AH-64 which just started to feel like a chore towards the end.

On this Ka-50, I'm going to play around with chipping and fading the black/green camo a bit around areas that are likely to be heavily worn, like access panels and steps. I don't want it to look too weathered, but given the wear and tear on the skin, I figured some chipping of the paint would be a nice excuse to test out the Wacom tablet I got to save my wrist a bit of pain and discomfort from using a mouse to do it. The pressure sensitivity is a real help for work like this, and it's so much easier to do smooth camo lines with the natural feeling of a pen in your hand. As always, it will have the custom IRIAA pilot to go with the helicopter and I'll probably swap the engine numbers for black ones that stand out a bit less. This scrapes and chipping still aren't finished, since I've reworked it a bit since this picture, but I'll keep messing with it. nullnullnull

image.png

image.png

image.png