Good 1st impressions!

• 2 weeks later...
vor 5 Stunden schrieb BalticDude:

"Let me tell you about your performance" - Schlomo

My text was Not intended to be rude.  
That’s why i wrote sorry but… yeah … i believe u are right…. I try to write more friendly I’m future. 

i tried to explain why I think so in this thread: 

Edited by Schlomo1933

Well my BS3 performance is good. But for first time, in DCS, I experienced what I thought was a catastrophic system crash due to DCS CPU and GPU max out. 

I was flying BS3 in South Atlantic , near tip of Tierra Del Fuego. Practicing antiship with large Missile. Target was CAP pack oil exploration ship.

DCS was only major application running. CPU loading was high on one thread and 25% on other threads. 

GPU load was 99%. With temp hitting 75. Pretty high.

Out of blue PC shut down dark. No warning, no freeze, no BSD, just down hard, with SOS beep from mboard. 

I figure after 4 months of running RTX 3060TI of HP 525W or 550W PS without issue. I finally hit that magic zone of running 3 X 2560X1440 @ 144hz panels, high utilization of CPU and max utilization of GPU. and USB HOTAS . PS was overloaded and tripped.

But machine restrated , and I have not yet had a repeat of that. I pushed my CPU to 100% on all threads with non GPU renderers and no problem. 

A scary experience. I am not blaming DCS. But now that DCS is utilizing high CPU , and max utilizing GPU . The stress of power draw may be more then Z440 PS can endure. Keeping in mind it could be something else. System never did that before, and system is 2019-2020 vintage. 

On 12/29/2022 at 5:50 AM, DmitriKozlowsky said:

Well my BS3 performance is good. But for first time, in DCS, I experienced what I thought was a catastrophic system crash due to DCS CPU and GPU max out. 

I was flying BS3 in South Atlantic , near tip of Tierra Del Fuego. Practicing antiship with large Missile. Target was CAP pack oil exploration ship.

DCS was only major application running. CPU loading was high on one thread and 25% on other threads. 

GPU load was 99%. With temp hitting 75. Pretty high.

Out of blue PC shut down dark. No warning, no freeze, no BSD, just down hard, with SOS beep from mboard. 

I figure after 4 months of running RTX 3060TI of HP 525W or 550W PS without issue. I finally hit that magic zone of running 3 X 2560X1440 @ 144hz panels, high utilization of CPU and max utilization of GPU. and USB HOTAS . PS was overloaded and tripped.

But machine restrated , and I have not yet had a repeat of that. I pushed my CPU to 100% on all threads with non GPU renderers and no problem. 

A scary experience. I am not blaming DCS. But now that DCS is utilizing high CPU , and max utilizing GPU . The stress of power draw may be more then Z440 PS can endure. Keeping in mind it could be something else. System never did that before, and system is 2019-2020 vintage. 

I think that's a problem with South Atlantic by RAZBAM, not specifically BS3

On 12/30/2022 at 8:40 PM, BalticDude said:

Well DCS core has also got some problems but RAZBAM did an awful job with their map.

I am sorry, I have had S.Atl for months now. What did or did not RAZBAM do that qualified effort as awfull job? 

It seems pretty good to me . Except that AH-64D is exceptionally slow in that theater on my rig.

6 hours ago, Schlomo1933 said:

Ed should be never be disscust on the same level as Razbam or Polyshop. They (Ed) are definitely on a different (higher) level…

And be careful when u use names of 3rd party developers. I got already a warning 😉

But 3rd party devs are partners with ED so why would they care if you mention them? Don't they both make $$ on the sale.?

On 12/29/2022 at 1:50 PM, DmitriKozlowsky said:

550W PSU is inadequate, and your system shutting down is abnormal. Nothing to do with DCS except for the fact it is making your system work. Get a much bigger PSU. I have half the GPU (in terms of power) and I run an 800W PSU.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

16 minutes ago, Tiger-II said:

550W PSU is inadequate, and your system shutting down is abnormal. Nothing to do with DCS except for the fact it is making your system work. Get a much bigger PSU. I have half the GPU (in terms of power) and I run an 800W PSU.

It's been working fine for 5 months with RTX 3060TI. 

1 hour ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

It's been working fine for 5 months with RTX 3060TI. 

Clearly not if your system suddenly shuts down to protect itself. Either GPU or CPU overtemp does this usually.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."