Black Shark 3 causing DCS to crash on mission load

LiteralGiraffe
Go to solution Solved by Flappie,

I’ve updated to the new beta update and with it the BS3. However when I installed the Shark, anytime I load into any single or multiplayer mission DCS crashes, even if I’m not trying to fly the Shark.

When I uninstalled the Shark the game works perfectly, however when I install the Shark it crashes.

I tried uninstalling DCS entirely and it still crashed as long as the Shark is installed. I’ve also tried repairing and cleaning up the files and nothing has fixed the issue. Attached is the crash report I get when the game crashes. (same crash report multiple times)

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Desktop Screenshot 2022.12.19 - 16.44.14.66.png

dcs.log-20221219-073628.zip

Edited by LiteralGiraffe
Typo fixes

• LiteralGiraffe changed the title to Black Shark 3 causing DCS to crash on mission load
  • ED Team

Hi 

welcome to the forum 

can you please attach the actual dcs log for the crash which is a text file, or the zip folder that was created during the crash. 

If you have not already please remove any unofficial mods ( if any ), run a repair or verify of dcs (if steam)

ensure windows and all drivers are up to date. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

25 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi 

welcome to the forum 

can you please attach the actual dcs log for the crash which is a text file, or the zip folder that was created during the crash. 

If you have not already please remove any unofficial mods ( if any ), run a repair or verify of dcs (if steam)

ensure windows and all drivers are up to date. 

thank you

Hello,

I have attached the crash folder here, and there were no mods installed. Ive also already run a repair and reinstall of the whole game with no fixes.

Any help appreciated!  

• ED Team

Thank you for the data, 

at the moment I am unable to reproduce the crash on my system. 

During the repair of dcs did you use the slow option? 

and is windows up to date?

Which antivirus / security are you using? 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

Thank you for the data, 

at the moment I am unable to reproduce the crash on my system. 

During the repair of dcs did you use the slow option? 

and is windows up to date?

Which antivirus / security are you using? 

I did slow repair and selected the other option to search for missing files or swim thing along those lines.

I’m using fully updated windows 10 and do not have an anti virus other than the default windows anti virus. 

The crash report says it doesn’t have access to some file and fails to load cockpit details. Do you know if any way to tell my system that it is allowed? Or am I able to delete/move the file somewhere else? I have tried running DCS as administrator as well but to no avail.

thank you again for the assistance!

Great! I believe the cause of your crashes was this custom script: "DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Hooks\lottafGameGUI.lua".

In case you want to get to the  bottom of this:

You can now rename the new folder that got created by the game to any name, like "DCS.openbeta_virigin", then rename your initial folder (the one containing all your custom bindings and scrripts) the way it was before: "DCS.openbeta".

Then rename your "DCS.openbeta/Scripts/Export.lua" file so the game cannot find it, and try BS3 again. Still no crash? Then the cause of your bug lies in this file. If so, please attach it here.

Otherwise:

Simply copy the "Config/Input" folder from your initial "DCS.openbeta" folder into the new "DCS.openbeta/Config" one.

Edited by Flappie
  • Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.