multiplayer FPS drops when turning on CMWS

rrutko
Go to solution Solved by Skyrage,

Frame rate in VR drops in half (36 frames per eye to 18 FPE) just by turning on CMWS. It goes back to normal when you turn it off. you can cycle the switch and it cycles the frame rate. IDK why it would do that  as there is no graphical change.  I9 12900k-3080TI-128g Ram

• Solution

It was never so bad that I actually noticed untill tonight, being cut from 45 to 10 fps in VR then from 70+ to 10 or less in flat mode on Persian Gulf.. in Caucasus it only brought me down to 30 after some tweaking.

Edit: I tracked down the cause of this issue to being the exportscripts mod, the AH64 LUA has some broken code in it and can be rectified by deleting function lines within. Here is the link to the relevant post in September :

Hope this helps anyone still having the issue 🙂

Edited by Skyrage
  • Like 1

So far that fix removed the FPS drop upon CMWS power up. I did notice before the fix that the simulation score in FPS counter would increase 3-5x as soon as the bit test was completed. It would go back to normal if the CMWS was powered off.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2023 at 5:52 AM, Skyrage said:

It was never so bad that I actually noticed untill tonight, being cut from 45 to 10 fps in VR then from 70+ to 10 or less in flat mode on Persian Gulf.. in Caucasus it only brought me down to 30 after some tweaking.

Edit: I tracked down the cause of this issue to being the exportscripts mod, the AH64 LUA has some broken code in it and can be rectified by deleting function lines within. Here is the link to the relevant post in September :

Hope this helps anyone still having the issue 🙂

What a guy !

Thanks very much, I would have never guessed the output script to cause this, so much appreciated.