F10 markpoints

colubridae

4 hours ago, colubridae said:

If you run the track you can see that (i think) i've created the markpoints correctly e.g. #TP1

As said, unfortunately the track doesn't replay your actions on the F10 map, so we don't see your F10 map labels, etc.

I've taken control of your track and recorded myself entering F10 map CAS labels #TP01 and #TP02 and slaving the DMT to the selected targets - the flying isn't pretty but you might spot something of use.

AV-8B ATHS CAS F10 Map labels

AV8B Add Target Labels to F10 map.PNG

RShift + RAlt + 8 to receive ATHS message (F10 map label coordinates)

AV8B RShift+RAlt+8 to load in data to CAS page.PNG

Move MPCD line cursor to the desired message
Select CAS to open the CAS page
Select USE to assign the desired Target Point using the UFC i.e. 1 then ENTER

Video of me taking control of your track and assigning F10 map ATHS Labels to the AV-8B's CAS Message List using RShift+RAlt+8

Tested using DCS Open Beta 2.8.1.34667

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.8GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 2 weeks later...

Followed the video but it just doesn't work for me.  Has this changed since the video was made?

I can load the targets fine and see them in the recall.

I then click Use and 'T01' appears on the scratchpad immediately instead of the '0' yours shows.

If I hit enter on T1 or click 1 and hit enter, the EHSD doesn't move at all.  it just sits at Waypoint 1.

Do you know how I can get the EHSD to stop focusing on waypoints and focus on the target points?

Edited by asdfg1111

On 1/7/2023 at 5:52 AM, asdfg1111 said:

Followed the video but it just doesn't work for me.  Has this changed since the video was made?

I can load the targets fine and see them in the recall.

I then click Use and 'T01' appears on the scratchpad immediately instead of the '0' yours shows.

If I hit enter on T1 or click 1 and hit enter, the EHSD doesn't move at all.  it just sits at Waypoint 1.

Do you know how I can get the EHSD to stop focusing on waypoints and focus on the target points?

See this post for the new procedure:

In brief, WINC LONG (or long press on the Arrow Keys for WP on the EHSD) and select TGT POINT on the ODU.

Edited by Recluse

5 hours ago, Recluse said:

See this post for the new procedure:

In brief, WINC LONG (or long press on the Arrow Keys for WP on the EHSD) and select TGT POINT on the ODU.

Thanks, it turned out my issue was that I was leaving the INS selector on the GND mode after startup and takeoff.

Needed to turn it to NAV or IFA for it to work. (Not exactly sure what IFA means though)

4 minutes ago, asdfg1111 said:

Thanks, it turned out my issue was that I was leaving the INS selector on the GND mode after startup and takeoff.

Needed to turn it to NAV or IFA for it to work. (Not exactly sure what IFA means though)

IN FLIGHT ALIGNMENT

(as I understand it, it uses GPS to continually update the Alignment vs. NAV which is prone to INS Drift and is used in PRE-GPS timeframes)

But, yeah you can't leave in in GND 🙂

Glad you got it sorted out. It is a powerful feature of the Harrier!!

Edited by Recluse