VKB or Virpil?

The first VKB pedals I bought I found in a pilot store in the US. I couldn't do that this time and bought it from VKB direct.

For those who bought from VKB. How long did it take to ship to you in the US? I'm in Colorado. I've never bought from China before.

Thanks.

Edited by BuzzU

Buzz

Well, the question is answered. The pedals are in Colorado Springs already. (100 mi from me) Pretty fast service from being ordered on Tuesday.

I wish I could say the same thing for the Warthog coming from BH Photo in New York. That package has been stuck in Indianapolis since Wed night. Pretty sad for 2 day shipping.

When Fedex can ship a package from China faster than New York. They're screwing up pretty bad.

Buzz

Mine arrived in 3 days, not including the fact they were on holiday!

Highly recommended!!! No, I don't miss the toe brakes.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

lucky pilots who flew with the good stuff , think of those that flew with crappy pedals for decades,, and got the good ones only in the last few years.. all those frakking years with crappy joyticks,,, these are the best times

Edited by Ramstein
  • Like 1

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

On 12/24/2022 at 10:02 AM, Tiger-II said:

Virpil look interesting until you realize they want an astronomical sum just to ship them, making the cost nearly $400 rather than the apparent $260 the pedals cost on the sales page....

That seems to depend where you want them to ship to. In my case Virpil is the cheapest, VKB is somewhat higher, and Winwing charges astronomical shipping fees.

• Like 1

Well... I'm totally sold on these VKB pedals.

What are their sticks like, and are they worth the cost to change from TM Warthog stick?

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

On 1/7/2023 at 11:32 PM, Tiger-II said:

Well... I'm totally sold on these VKB pedals.

What are their sticks like, and are they worth the cost to change from TM Warthog stick?

Yes very much so.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I had their Gunfighter Mk3 for a couple years and now have the ultimate (metal grip) with the extensions for about a year. 

Absolute beefcake that feels like the real thing. Between the dry clutches, different types of cams and different preload springs, there is a fit for everyone. The configurator, if you use it, takes a bit of getting used to. But once you have it figured out, it's incredibly powerful piece of software. 

Windows 11 | ASUS B650E-F STRIX | AMD 7800X3D | G.Skill 64Gb DDR5 6200 30-36-36-48 w/ tuned secondary/tertiary | RTX 4090 undervolted curve | MSI MPG A1000G PSU | VKB MCG Gunfighter Ultimate + Rudder Pedals + WH Throttle |  HP Reverb G2