Mission 11: Raven 31 keeps stacking at waypoint 1

irish_luck

In the latest patch, the first section seems to miss wp1, get confused, and just orbit near the boat for about half an hour. Could possibly be due to the changed ai behaviour in the patch notes. The last radio message i get is to switch, button 2, and then lots of orbiting.

Thanks,

Irish

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2022 at 12:23 AM, baltic_dragon said:

Thank you, will check it and fix ASAP. Wonder what happened there & why it suddenly stopped working…

It should be because of the change of the AI or trigger logic change in OB 2.8.1.34437, I think? Cuz I got stucked at the JSOW deployment phase in the previous OB. I launched both my JSOWs first to the first two coordinates. After that I assigned Raven 34 to launch but I got no response from him and he kept circling around the designated stacking position. I tried this twice and both had the same result. I wanted to get the track file at the third time but OB had already been updated and I stucked at the mantioned bug unfortunately LMAO.

I had the same problem too. I managed to complete the mission by:

• Reaching waypoint 3 (the release point)
  • Flying back to waypoint 2, which triggers 31 finally to leave waypoint 1
  • Then you can rejoin and continue the mission.

Or maybe the trick is to just wait for ages. Here's my trackfile (contains spoilers, and excuse the multiple RTBs to rearm, I needed extra JSOWs).

Track file shows it took 42 minutes into the mission for 31 to leave waypoint 1!

Tacview-20230102-015405-DCS-R1 M11.zip.acmi

Edited by recluse_goose

10 hours ago, baltic_dragon said:

OK, I spent some time but found a fix, needed to move the waypoint further away from the carrier. The odd thing is that other flights have their waypoint set at exactly the same place and everything works fine for them... but consider this part fixed. 

So can the player manually edit the waypoint, or do we have to wait for the next update?

• 2 weeks later...

Just updated and tried it out, same result.  First flight stays orbiting WP1.

<spoilers>

If I push to WP2, 3 and so on; eventually the other flights catch up.  I get the message that 3-1 drops thier PIGS, so I proceed to drop mine.  On the way back to the carrier I get the message about the contact.  

Just tried it out but forgot to get the track.

I went 1 mile trail behind Raven32 in the beginning and he suddenly did a cobra when he climbed to around 7000 feet LOL. Then I noticed both Raven31 and Raven32 were at 4000 feet so I tried to rejoin them. After that I received a radio static sound with no message at the top left corner but I switch Pri to 2 anyway. The fench in command never appeared until I followed them to drop the pigs and proceeded to land.

Was able to complete the mission, albeit with some slight work arounds (and knowing how the mission is supposed to act.).  Steps I took to complete below  

<SPOILERS> 
Meet up with flights at WP1. 

After all 4 Ravens were up, lead called push. 

Flew formation with lead until call regarding bogies to intercept. This too awhile.  I flew with lead to his target, and then returning to the boat. 

Intercepted and splashed bogies (be careful here, as it’s easy to stray into SAM coverage). 

Received call regarding radar targets from Harriers.  

Entered target coordinates as WP 8 in HSI.  Designated WP 8 as target - its was NOT on a radar site, but I could see SAMS in the ATFLAIR pod just off of it.  

Used F10 comms menu to notify wingman I would attack target.

JSOWS to TOO mode, designated what I thought was a radar, turned out to be a launcher, and pickled weapon.  Shack. 

Radio call of missed target, and new coordinates. Entered these as WP9 and designated as target.  Same as before, coordinates were not in a target, but close to one. 

I could easily make out a radar rotating this time.  Designated and dropped JSOWS in TOO mode as before. 

Received radio message of good hit on target and new coordinates. Received and entered these as WP10.

As I was out of JSOWS, I used F10 to have my wingman attack. He DID NOT and would not ever attack, and stayed in formation with me.  

Low on gas, so I returned to the boat using normal radio procedures. 

Case III landing with 1000 lbs fuel left.  Received MISSION COMPLETE message and a score of 70. Enough to advance to the next mission. 

<END SPOILERS>

not pretty, and certainly not as BD intended, but enough to get me to progress (looking forward to playing this  one again once ED fixes the bug issues.). 

I had the same issue, the flight stay odlly silent (channel 2 on Primary) but proceed to waypoint 2 and 3, the lead launch it's JSOW without saying anything, I did too.

Then I return to the carrier, flight leader announce its missile hits the primary target and then remain silent. I then switch to marshal on Primary as I was like 10 nm from the carrier.

As I was in final I suddenly get a fence in order and then some chatting about contact to intercept. I land and the mission did not progress.

Not sure if I want to try it again or just skip it.

Flew it again. Leader announce switch on channel 2, he flew the waypoint properly, he announce push, he flew untill waypoint 3, drop its JSOW, annouce good it on target 1 and felw back.

All of this time I was in close formation with him. I never get the call on the hostil aircraft (I watch a video so I know what was supposed to happen).

• Like 1

I won't have access to my normal gaming PC until 6 March, so there is not much I can do to check this issue guys, sorry... I am not even sure that the coordinates bug (different things being shown on the TGP and on the F10 map) has been fixed by ED. I'll have a look at this when able. 

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png