Blade tracking

Tiger-II

Hi,

Small detail: when watching the tips of the blades from the cockpit, the blades don't track correctly, and so some blades are higher/lower than others are the rotor rotates. Is this by design, or a weird graphical glitch? Helicopter is sat on the ground not moving, so not due to vibration or control input.

Also, some blades appear to have opposite pitch to the pitch they are supposed to have (negative vs. positive pitch).

Edited by Tiger-II
  • Like 1

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

10 minutes ago, Tiger-II said:

Hi,

Small detail: when watching the tips of the blades from the cockpit, the blades don't track correctly, and so some blades are higher/lower than others are the rotor rotates. Is this by design, or a weird graphical glitch? Helicopter is sat on the ground not moving, so not due to vibration or control input.

Also, some blades appear to have opposite pitch to the pitch they are supposed to have (negative vs. positive pitch).

Could you show pictures?

The flap and lead/lag hinges will not all be the same when stop. This is why the helicopter shakes when rpm passes about 40-60% becuase the blades having different flap and lead/lag causes vibration until the centrifugal force from rising RPM straightens them out. 

As for pitch I have noticed seemingly correct pitch, there is also barely noticeable 3 degrees of washout/twist along the blade. 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

3 minutes ago, AeriaGloria said:

Could you show pictures?

The flap and lead/lag hinges will not all be the same when stop. This is why the helicopter shakes when rpm passes about 40-60% becuase the blades having different flap and lead/lag causes vibration until the centrifugal force from rising RPM straightens them out. 

As for pitch I have noticed seemingly correct pitch, there is also barely noticeable 3 degrees of washout/twist along the blade. 

I'll try. Not sure a screenshot will show what I see. Give me several minutes.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I have noticed this also, even mentioned it I believe in the past. As usual it was just poo-pood by the ED white-knights and swept under the rug.

You are correct, blades follow the same path, at the correct blade angle. It is not called a rotor 'disc' for no reason......

• Like 1

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Yup, I also reported to them a while ago but this has never been fixed.

Anyway, I hope they'll redo the whole spinning rotors thing and switch to new " WWII Propeller technology " that every WWII warbird planes now have, as well as Black Shark III and Apache. This is awesome tech and I hope every spinning thing is gonna use it, the 2/3D transparent blurred billboard era is gone !

281064901_10158904486790852_5919036221998611806_n.jpg.png

281064901_10158904486790852_5919036221998611806_n.jpg

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

It doesn't affect it of course bro, but same as 99% of other things in the sim. It's just up to everyone's taste at the end of the day.

I fly rotaries for a living, a first thing I notice when watching the Hind, beside extremely well modeled and animated, is that this Rotor is WAY out of track and would just shear of itself after a couple of minutes.

I also let some mates try the sim and this was instantly spotted. It's things we are taught to notice everyday to preserve the machine and improve components lifetime.

Of course it's not a game changer, but other things people are asking for can be seen as useless as this, such as RWR variants that almost never existed, or very particular behavior of a given instrument in a frozen situation when you happen to fly below the 30th parallel on a 25,78° bank slip turn...

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

• 3 weeks later...