VOR/TACAN course setting incorrect

some1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the update. Appreciate the new key commands. Also the HSI TACAN course indicator is now aligned in DCS v2.9.3.

But I noticed the following, maybe someone could check this out. I didn't have time to check with a different plane whether it's a map related issue.

Was inbound Nellis in Nevada and set TACAN to 12X and radial 209° which should lead me directly between the two parallel runways, as the TACAN is located there.

Being some miles out, it looks like the TACAN needle and course indication is directing me on course but parallel to the north. So as the TACAN would be located somewhere else outside of the base.

Screen_240225_214649_12X_Nellis_209_inbo

When steering directly 209° and heading in between the runway, the TACAN needle and course points to the right.

Screen_240225_215413_course_209_steering

Screen_240225_215449_course_209_map_dire

For a track file I need to re-create this without my mission with just a local flight. The original track is too large with me flying outbound 30 nm first.

Thanks

Jens

Yes, this has been improved but not fully fixed yet.

What works:

CDI and bearing pointer now align correctly in all three modes. CDI is centered when the course is set to the bearing pointer. :thumbup:

VOR mode shows correct indications.

What still does not work:

- HSI TACAN mode shows true bearings instead of magnetic

- HSI GPS mode shows true bearings instead of magnetic

- GPS screen shows true bearings instead of magnetic, which contradicts IFE own manual

image.jpeg

This can be checked using the mission I posted here: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/316047-vortacan-course-setting-incorrect/?do=findComment&comment=5336338

The waypoint is over at LSV Tacan, so the bearings should be 25 degrees, yet both TACAN and GPS modes show 37 degrees.

image.jpeg

Screenshot 2024-02-26 085127.jpg

Screenshot 2024-02-26 085148.jpg

null

Edited by some1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil WarBRD, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro