A-10C II HMCS Align With TrackIR ?

Wrecking Crew

DCS 28.1.34667.2

How to align the HMCS with my TrackIR?  The HMCS position falls short and lower than the TrackIR view.  It's hard to use the HMCS having to look at angles to the crosshairs.  I've tried different TrackIR curves that do not help.  The only thing that helps the alignment is to lower my chair all the way and really offset the TrackIR center, but that centering only works for the left view or right view.  The HMCS crosshair is still too low.   

The Apache and F-16 have such a centering function (if I am correct about this).  Please add an HMCS centering function to the A-10C II.  I can't use the HMCS as is.

The screenshots are of centering the TrackIR at the far bottom right of the front panel, and, the resulting HMCS crosshair position when looking left. But this only works for looking left and it is still a bit too low.

TrackIR Center Posn.jpg

HMCS Aligned Sort Of.jpg

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

The screenshots are of centering the TrackIR at the far bottom right of the front panel, and...

I did this ^^^ before the crosshairs screenshot.

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

I agree that it lags behind where we look in Trackir. It's annoying and hard on the eyes to look out the corner of my eye. I'm blind in one eye and it's really bad looking out that side.

I pretty much don't use the HMCS because of it. I complained when the A-10C II first came out but nothing was done about it. It's too tempting to just leave it shut off, so i'm going to go back to flying the A-10C again.  She's still a good plane and fun to fly. Lot's of missions and campaigns to do. Easier on the memory. 

A good old farts plane. I just turned 80 a few days ago, so I qualify.

Good luck with the HMCS.

• Like 1

Buzz

After changing the A-10C II Real, Axis Commands, for TRACKIR_YAW the HMCS crosshair is much closer to the focal point.  The change is to the Curvature - slide it all the way to the Left, i.e. -100.  It is not a solution - the crosshair should be spot on.

Screen_221231_195554.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2022 at 1:46 PM, BuzzU said:

A good old farts plane. I just turned 80 a few days ago, so I qualify.

Good luck with the HMCS.

Congratulations on your 80th. I just turned 60 myself but I just have a nagging suspicion I won't see 80. I love the fact you're playing this game. Speaks a lot about your character. May you have many more birthdays.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, King39 said:

Congratulations on your 80th. I just turned 60 myself but I just have a nagging suspicion I won't see 80. I love the fact you're playing this game. Speaks a lot about your character. May you have many more birthdays.

Thanks. One thing I have is lots of time to do what I want now. I outlived everybody and I can't do my main passions of elk hunting and fly fishing anymore. So, gaming it is. The hardest part is trying to remember everything. Memory is not so hot now. So, I make a lot of notes. 🙂

• Like 3

Buzz

The problem with the HMQS systems is that they all stay centered on the screen regardless of where you actually look with trackIR. It would nice if there was an offset function to make it move positions based on where you are looking on the screen. I’ve requested this as have many others over time, and its seems to go un-noticed, or it is not an easy thing to decouple from the screen space as a lot of us would like. You can make track ir move a farther distance relative to head movement but the HMQS is still staying in the center of the physical screen sadly.

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

• 4 weeks later...

These TrackIR curves for Yaw, Pitch and Roll put the HMCS crosshair much closer to my point of view.  The curves are very steep.  I returned the DCS A-10C II Real, Axis Commands, for TRACKIR_YAW back to the normal straight line.  

The TrackIR curves can be changed while paused in DCS.  The TrackIR Deadzone is the biggest culprit for the cursor mis-alignment.  The less Deadzone, the better alignment.  Some Deadzone was necessary for TrackIR Centering.  I raised the TrackIR Smoothness to ~23-ish.

Pitch.png

Yaw.png

Roll.png

• 8 months later...

Bump.

This issue I'm having with the HMCS and TrackIR alignment is still annoying.  I have a TrackIR Profile made for the A-10C II with insanely steep curves that I use in order to get the view lined up with the HMCS crosshair -- see my description above.  The consequence is a jittery view and a less than enjoyable flight.  For all other ac I have a smooth low-curve profile...  

I just did a A-10C II Forum search for "hmcs and trackir" and see a lot of related posts, a bunch from around late 2020.

Are there any developer discussions about this?

20230528_a10c2.xml 20230825_Default.xml