Missiles launching sound

topol-m

Several questions about missiles sound:

1. Is there any difference in launching sounds of different missiles in DCS?

2. If there is, can the sound be moded, because the sound of larger missiles like Kub`s, Buk`s, S-300`s, Patriot`s etc. should be much louder then the lesser ones? I`m aware that it is impossible to reproduce exactly the real sound of the dozens of missile types used in DCS, but at least there should be more difference.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Several questions about missiles sound:

1. Is there any difference in launching sounds of different missiles in DCS?

2. If there is, can the sound be moded, because the sound of larger missiles like Kub`s, Buk`s, S-300`s, Patriot`s etc. should be much louder then the lesser ones? I`m aware that it is impossible to reproduce exactly the real sound of the dozens of missile types used in DCS, but at least there should be more difference.

sound engine is limited atm.

i have sound mods here.

improves lots of sounds.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=622869&postcount=9

Funny. I don`t think you`ll like if your tank gun sounds like a rifle and your machinegun like a pistol. One good think that the comunity can do is give suggestions so that the game becomes more realistic. If you watch some videos of S-300 test firing you`ll notice that there is a HUGE difference in the sound of its rocket engine compared to some hellfire for example.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Funny. I don`t think you`ll like if your tank gun sounds like a rifle and your machinegun like a pistol. One good think that the comunity can do is give suggestions so that the game becomes more realistic. If you watch some videos of S-300 test firing you`ll notice that there is a HUGE difference in the sound of its rocket engine compared to some hellfire for example.

already been meantioned only one sound does all the rockets and missiles

again game sound engine is very limited atm.

all my samples are from real tanks guns helis.

sound engine is limited atm.

i have sound mods here.

improves lots of sounds.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=622869&postcount=9

I just tested your sound mod. I'm quite happy in general, it's less buggy than the original. The only thing I don't like, is the missil and rocket sound. The original SHhhwoouch! of the Vker sounded more like the real thing (according to the numerous videos I saw.)

But they are still enjoyable.

I wish I had that big rottor blade, agressive chopping sound like in the Glowing Abram videos.

I just tested your sound mod. I'm quite happy in general, it's less buggy than the original. The only thing I don't like, is the missil and rocket sound. The original SHhhwoouch! of the Vker sounded more like the real thing (according to the numerous videos I saw.)

But they are still enjoyable.

I wish I had that big rottor blade, agressive chopping sound like in the Glowing Abram videos.

the mod i made was taken from the real ka50 aircraft check my site for detail.

again only one sound recreates the rockets etc. cant do internal and external sounds.

shwooosh sound, i guess is from internal clips youve watched

i went for the external sound, which gives more punch.

reason i made the mods was for the helicopter sounds mainly, originals sounded nothing like helicopters imo.

Edited by diveplane