Exemption of AMPCD maps from Integrity Check

MikeMikeJuliet

Hello!

I have a request considering the maps in the module's installation folder that are used on the HSI-page in the AMPCD that these could be exempted from IC. The reasoning is twofold: first off, all the maps can be customized in the actual aircraft by Mission Support, and so we should be able to do that too. I am not arguing for a tool to make the maps, just that we would be able to alter the files as we need to. Secondly: the current map with the current gain and the green symbology is really difficult to read at a glance. Even at lowest gain the symbols tend to not be bright enough and the map dark enough to read the display as easily as we should be able to.

The benefit for adding an exception in the IC is that we could simply go throught the maps and adjust their brightness to a darker tone (I've tried this and it works really well), or the players could even modify the maps to the specific needs of a specific mission, drawing custom areas and borders etc in the maps, instead having to rely on a specific map that in many cases doesn't suit your needs.

I do not see how having the maps under IC provides any protection against malicious player behaviour. IRL you can have what ever kind of map under your HSI that you need. This would greatly enhance the usability of the moving map in the F/A-18

Thank you for considering!

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

Edited by MikeMikeJuliet
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

DCS Finland | SF squadron

Very recently a brilliant mod was released that replaces the Caucasus-charts for all digital moving-map equipped aircraft:

As far as I can tell, that one also breaks IC.

I tried installing it into Saved Games instead of the base DCS installation directory, but that simply didn't do anything, I still had the old maps in DCS.

Instead of adding an IC-exemption for the installation directory, I think it would be much better and easier to maintain if these charts/files could override the stock DCS files when they're placed in Saved Games.

Edited by Yurgon
Clarification
  • Like 4