Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

Is there a way to keep jester for not using TCS when im using it?

ustio

• ustio changed the title to Is there a way to keep jester for not using TCS when im using it?
8 hours ago, ustio said:

So when the Jester use TCS, the front seat cant use its preventing me from IFFing. Is there a way to make him not use TCS?

Use it in what manner?

Any STT lock the TCS should be slaved on the target. Flip VDI switch to TV and you should be ok.

Edited by Comstedt86

IFF is done by Jester. What you mean is probably VID through TCS? And when Jester watches TCS you'll see black screen on your HSD for the moment, that's normal and there's no option to control it but you can always watch TCS on the VDI, unless it's turned to output LANTIRN view.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Yeah unfortunate. Problem is the Pilot only has the TCS to VID and IFF a locked target. Jester unfortunately is very unreliable on IFFing.

I wish jester automatically switch out from TCS everytime I change my HSD to TCS

12 minutes ago, ustio said:

Problem is the Pilot only has the TCS to VID and IFF a locked target.

No, pilot has no option for IFF. He can only see what RIO does on the TID repeater and the blackouts are only momentary like 2 s.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Well i was refering IFF by VIDing the type of aircraft since again like you said, Pilot can't IFF so TCS os the next best thing

My experience is a bit longer than 2 seconds. But even tho it was 2 seconds its still crucial. I got killed many times because idk what im locking with frindlies arounds. 

2 hours ago, draconus said:

No, pilot has no option for IFF. He can only see what RIO does on the TID repeater and the blackouts are only momentary like 2 s.