F-16 TWS Right For Cycling Targets

Bluto74
Go to solution Solved by silverdevil,

• Solution
27 minutes ago, AG-51_Bluto said:

I was under the impression that TMS right while in TWS should change from one target to the next.  Is this feature supposed to be working correctly, because I can not make it happen?

hello. have you promoted the tracks to system tracks? they turn white empty squares. once they are system tracks one can toggle through them. 

old youtube video from wags.

Edited by silverdevil
added link
  • Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

3 hours ago, AG-51_Bluto said:

Thanks.  I was a tumbleweed on the procedure.  Was making one a system target then designating before changing the rest.  Appreciate the input.

glad to help. good luck and clear skies!

• Like 1

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

On 1/23/2023 at 11:03 AM, silverdevil said:

hello. have you promoted the tracks to system tracks? they turn white empty squares. once they are system tracks one can toggle through them. 

old youtube video from wags.

There are some important differences since that video.  Who marked it as a solution?

@AG-51_Bluto

Keep in mind that much of the time your targets will be on link, so you'll see red triangles on the FCR.  In TWS mode it helps to narrow your azimuth and reduce the bar scan.  Then it will build the track files on the targets much more quickly.  Once the triangles change from open to solid you should be able to cycle between them with TMS right.

When people struggle with this they're usually overestimating the Viper's radar.  With multiple targets TWS won't succeed at building the track files until they are within 35nm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

8 hours ago, gavagai said:

There are some important differences since that video.  Who marked it as a solution?

only the submitter of the thread can mark it as solution. there are def differences between the video and what can be done now. though it did answer the question the submitter asked.