very weird bug

skypickle

So I have a Total Controls Button Box. It works beautifully in all the modules I have. Yesterday I bought the L39 which was on sale. I bound up the basic controls as well as some of the NDB controls. However, all sounds from the communications menu were lost. I could not communicate with anyone from any of the entries nor could I hear replies. Obviously, when you select one of the entries (place chocks for example) it triggers a sound file. I narrowed the culprits down to two controls:

RKL-41 Inner Beacon Frequency Tune Knob and

RKL-41 Outer Beacon Frequency Tune Knob

When these controls are bound to any axis on the Total Controls box, all audio from the communications menu is lost. Unbinding these controls restores communications.

I also have two joysticks I built using an arduino micro as well as a TEENSY. The same phenomenon occurs with them. Binding any analog axis of any of these two devices (each device has 6 axes) to the above mentioned controls causes all sound to be lost from communications.

Can anyone duplicate this?

If I bind those two functions to buttons or encoders, the communications menu audio is not affected.

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

• 6 months later...