Refuel/Rearm "Unable to Comply" after sortie

Antix70

I have some some folks from my multiplayer server complaining that they can't rearm or refuel their F-16 when they land after a sortie that they've dropped bombs on.

When they try, it says "No can do - we don't have this in stock" followed by "No can do - fire hazard, square away the leaks first"
They were blaming my mission settings, but the airfield (Ramat David) is set to unlimited A/C, Liquids, and EQP.

After shutting down and repairing, while I watched their discord stream, and they were able to refuel and rearm. It should be noted that their F-16 did not encounter any enemy. The test went as follows
-Spawn F16
-Rearm/Refuel and set loadout
-Take off runway heading, drop bombs, jettison fuel tanks (also tested without jettison of fuel tanks)
-RTB
-Stop off the runway
-Requst Rearm/Refuel
=Unable messages.

Edited by Antix70

Another user with an F-14 got a different set of messages

Upon request for Rearm/Refuel the response was:

Request Refueling
COPY
Request Rearming
COPY
(16 seconds later)
"No can do - fire hazard, square away the leaks first"

Edited by Antix70

• 3 weeks later...

I think this might be a bit wider than just the F-16 - I've noticed this happening a lot in the Huey/Hind as well in this latest patch while hot rearming on MP servers (but saying 'Stop, what are you doing?'), I think something has changed to make the ground crew incredibly sensitive to movement (or something else, latency?). It's taking 3-4 attempts sometimes to get rearmed.

Edited by backspace340

• ED Team

it maybe related to a similar issue on the hornet, I will test this one today for the F-16

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Unfortunately the track replay was to large and did not play back correctly for me. 

I have tried to reproduce in shorter tracks with no joy. 

If it is possible to reproduce in a single player track or a shorter MP track, with just the aircraft and the friendly airfield it would be best to keep the size down and increase the chance of the track behaving. 

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I had Growler delete all of his tracks, so as not to confuse it with others, and only perform the task which results in the malfunction (as outlined above in my first post).
I think he said his first sortie did not cause the error, but his second sortie did.

While watching both of these guys, the F-16 and the F-14 perform this error for me, I noticed some high-G maneuvering. But it didn't look like enough to over-stress the aircraft. Could this be the cause?

While I can see ground crew's complaint about fixing the leaks, to say that something isn't in stock at an unlimited airfield seems a bit odd.

On the didn't play back correctly part, I don't know what to say there, you're more able to address that than I am. Track files have long been known to not play back correctly but my experience is that only my own do not play back what actually happened, but generally when I view other folks tracks it works fine.

• ED Team

We will look out for it, and it is possible it is already fixed internally as there was a similar issue with the hornet. 

As for tracks, the replay system is very old and DCS has out grown it, we plan to redo it in the future, but there is no time spare currently as it is a huge task. 

Tracks are best kept short as possible, use only the units you need to reproduce the problem, and mod and script free for best results. 

I use tracks everyday, most of them work well, but some dont. 

With that said please keep this thread for your bug report, otherwise it will derail with replay talk. 

thank you

• Like 1

• ED Team
On 2/19/2023 at 2:49 AM, Antix70 said:

I am trying to get much shorter tracks from those expressing the problem.

Ive been trying to reproduce also, no joy yet, will keep trying 

15 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Ive been trying to reproduce also, no joy yet, will keep trying 

Maybe try an extra hard break-turn, and over-stress the airframe a bit? In trying to get a simple track, I've been told that it doesn't always happen on the first sortie. They RTB thinking that it's going to happen, they end up rearming-refueling and taking off again, releasing their weapons, land and it won't let them rearm or refuel.