Editor issue: can't place flyable aircraft anymore

RAMPAGE
Go to solution Solved by RAMPAGE,

Hi all,

Prob an issue allready mentioned before but I can't find it anywhere. My issue is that I can't place a flyable aircraft anymore in the editor. Helicopters and groundunits are okay and also static placements are fine too. But I can' t place any flyable aircraft anymore,...(so I can only make missionsfiles without flying it). When I want to place a flyable aircraft I get this (see attachment). Is someone able to tell me what the problem is? 

Regards,

Rampage

Capture.JPG

I’d try this: rename the folder /saved games/dcs world/missioneditor/  to /missioneditor.bak/  

the next time you run the editor, dcs will re-create the folder with new default values.

if this solved the problem, then recover from the previous missioneditor.bak, the file logbook.lua to recover your logbook statistics and campaign status.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

7 minutes ago, RAMPAGE said:

Thank you Rudel but this did not fix the problem for me,..

ok, that means the problem is not a setting at /saved games/

then it should be within the program itself

7 minutes ago, RAMPAGE said:

maybe I need to re-install the entire DCS

dcs does not need re-installs … ever.  Do you have steam or stand-alone version of dcs?

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

1 hour ago, RAMPAGE said:

Hi Corn and Rudel,..this is what is missing... Helicopters is fine (as you can see I can place them and fly them) But when I want to (flyable) place aircraft then i am missing the box above?null

Hi,

Well, you have the stand alone open beta version, I would try to run a repair procedure ... this will check that every file on your DCS folder is present and it is indeed the correct one. Here are the instructions to run a repair:

The repair instructions are under "Repairing DCS World"

Also, please attach here your dcs.log file that is at /Saved Games/dcs.openbeta/Logs/  ... to check if you have any user Mod that may be interfering.

Greetings,

Eduardo

1 hour ago, RAMPAGE said:

About the repair. I already did that more then once now. So that should be fine.

ok, so the dcs program itself should be good, lets check if one of your user’s mods is causing this …

rename the folder C:\Users\rampa\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods

to C:\Users\rampa\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods.bak

restart dcs and check if the problem persists or not. If the problem is gone, then one of the mods that you have within C:\Users\rampa\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods, is causing it.