UI Layer controls for HP Reverb controller have returned to defaults each time I start DCS

Every time I play DCS I have to go into the control settings in the UI Layer tab and "Clear Category" for the HP Reverb controller.  I use a button on the right VR controller for a control in the Hornet, and by default that same button is bound to VR Zoom, which I do not want.  So, I clear the UI Layer category for the HP Reverb controller, and my Hornet keybind remains, and it works fine.  The next time I launch DCS, the HP Reverb button is bound to VR Zoom again.  So, I go in and clear the UI Layer category again.  This has been happening for some number of months now, and it may affect more than the UI Layer controls.  I only know the UI layer is affected for sure since that is where the unwanted VR Zoom control is.

It is a minor issue, but I wanted to report it so that it is known.  Thanks!

Edited by Eclipse
corrected a typo - changed one instance of "VR Layer" to "UI Layer"

i7-9700k overclocked to 4.9ghz, RTX 2070 Super, 32GB RAM, M.2 NVMe drive, HP Reverb G2 version 2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals, and a Logitech Throttle Quadrant

Have you tried setting it the way you want it, then export(save) then manually load the exported file?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Thanks for the suggestion.  I will see if this as a workaround and report back.   

Edited by Eclipse

i7-9700k overclocked to 4.9ghz, RTX 2070 Super, 32GB RAM, M.2 NVMe drive, HP Reverb G2 version 2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals, and a Logitech Throttle Quadrant

• 2 months later...

This is still an issue.  Also, in addition to the changes made to the UI Layer - VR Motion Controller category not persisting, if I clear the default assignments and save a new profile for the UI Layer - VR Motion Controller category, the file does not get created in the InputUserProfiles folder (with that folder selected as the save location).  I just tested with the latest update installed and after repairing my DCS installation (the full, long repair), and here is what I observed:

While on the main menu screen:

1. go to the controls menu, select UI Layer, deselect "Foldable view", observe 3 existing, undesirable control assignments in the HP Motion Controller column
  2. click the column heading for HP Motion Controller, select clear category, select "yes" to accept the change, then click the green "OK" button to close the menu
  3. reopen the controls menu, deselect foldable view, and observe the original 3 control assignments un the VR Motion Controller column have returned

While in a mission:

1. go to the "Adjust Controls" menu, select UI layer, and clear the default assignments as above
  2. reopen the "Adjust Controls menu, observe the default assignments for VR Motion Controller have not returned
  3. exit mission, load another mission, check the "Adjust Controls" menu, observe the default assignments have not returned
  4. Close DCS, restart DCS, check the controls menu, and observe that the UI Layer default control assignments have returned again

To summarize, changes made to UI Layer - VR Motion Controller assignments do not persist properly, and saving a profile for UI Layer - VR Motion Controller does not create the file in the InputUserProfiles folder.  Other control assignment categories work properly, in my experience.

Thank you

• 8 months later...

Just bumping this post - this issue still exists.   Changes to VR controller assignments are not saved properly, as described above. 

Thanks