What are templates and what do they do? And how can I get them?

The answer is in the User Manual that you will find in you DCS installation’s DOCS folder. Begins on pg 352.

I’ve never used most of the templates that came with the sim. Being able to create your own and use them can be helpful, though.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 7 months later...

I’ve tried following the instructions in the ME manual but can’t seem to be able to choose more than one object. Can more than one static object be in a template and can more than one kind of object be in the group and be included in the template?  If so please show step by step how it’s done. I’ve wasted too much time trying. Thanks in advance. 

9 minutes ago, 352ndDeacon said:

I’ve tried following the instructions in the ME manual but can’t seem to be able to choose more than one object. Can more than one static object be in a template and can more than one kind of object be in the group and be included in the template?  If so please show step by step how it’s done. I’ve wasted too much time trying. Thanks in advance. 

If you mean group template, yes, you can have multiple units in the same group and save it as a group template. 

If you mean static template, yes, you can save multiple units, groups and object as a single static template. In this case you just have to press "save static template" and thats it.