An in depth look at engine management in the Mustang

Diesel_Thunder

Dumb question what happen when go over the red line for the coolant temperature in DCS?

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

19 minutes ago, MAD-MM said:

Dumb question what happen when go over the red line for the coolant temperature in DCS?

Last time i checked it will blow relieve valve and vent coolant until almost all coolant is gone. 

Everyone know that if water boils it stops gaining temp and adding heat only intensifies boiling process, same here in P-51 temp at which relieve valve opens will remain steady while coolant is boiling and only when major of it goes out temp will climb further up. 

Unless relieve valve won't be able to even excess pressure in time and pressure in system will go up then coolant temp will go up as well.

Edited by grafspee
  • Like 1

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

5 minutes ago, grafspee said:

Last time i checked it will blow relieve valve and vent coolant until almost all coolant is gone. 

Was my impression aswell some time ago, but maybe you should try this once more....Maybe i was not patient enough but after 5 minutes of stall climb i lost interest in this not only the P51 aswell k4, Spit it is the mos fun 😞

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

@MAD-MM I am aware of bug report about oil temp in P-51 that oil temp can go off grid and engine feels fine. But i don't know if fix came in.

I know that in DCS features come in and are taken away constantly. Maybe cooling is still worked on or just team switched to something else and with newer patches things fades away.

@Nealius

Those are my temps in climb. To force system to work with lower temps is as fallows.

If you intend to climb with 180mph enter this climb and steep it so you lose speed to 150mph keep it there for a while and then drop nose and get to 180mph

this trick forces system to open shutters but once you drop nose and accelerate temps will drop but not enough to trigger shutter closing temps and there you go with that simple trick you can control coolant/oil temp in some extent w/o playing with coolant switches. Ofc you can manually open shutter and flip them back to auto this should work as well but i haven't test it.

lUuBEKs.jpeg

Edited by grafspee
  • Like 1

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor