SimHQ Training Classes available for download

Ramstein

Training Classes made into movies, available for download:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2649160/6/SimHQ_Hosted_DCS_Black_Shark_T.html

The SimHQ DCS: Black Shark Training files from Saturday's Special Event are now available.

icon_cool.gif

Note: I tried to open the mission files (*.miz) that are included in these training recording packages. The Mission files will not open! I am waiting to see if others post any problems (on www.SimHQ.com or http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ BS forums) trying to open the training mission files in Black Shark. The syllabus and wav files work fine.

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Ok,

It does open and play in multiplayer. It also has sound. But, as far as I can tell, there is nothing special about the mission as made. But, it looks like you can follow the wav file and take it from there. Also note, this file cannot be opened with mission editor. At least I could not.

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

I did hear it mentioned that the M1A1 is the only tank in BS that takes 2 Vikhr's to kill.. not sure how he came to that conclusion, Leopard, Challenger2 and T80's that i have come across also take 2.

You might get a one shot kill sometimes, from behind and to the side, but most of the time any main battle tank takes 2 hits from what i have seen.

Asus P8P67-M Pro, i7 2600K@4.6Ghz, 4gb Vengence Ram, Gainward GTX 580 3gb Phantom, Win7 64 Ultimate, Warthog Control System.

Trackir 5 Pro, Saitek Combat Pedals.

Now I'm getting the trk files to load (begginers class 1) they play for a few seconds and then it exits saying ..\blackshark\modules\me_coalitions.lua:84: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

I also noticed the trk files end in .miz.trk so I renamed without the .miz but it still crashes.

So, is it kind of pointless to download them?

I would love some progressive training, so I am very interested in what these are, but it sounds like they are not working too well.

Remember, on Nov. 4th, vote for Black Shark for President!!!

Now I'm getting the trk files to load (begginers class 1) they play for a few seconds and then it exits saying ..\blackshark\modules\me_coalitions.lua:84: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

I also noticed the trk files end in .miz.trk so I renamed without the .miz but it still crashes.

I have something similiar. Mine work in that they load, but pressing F2 or F1 does nothing; F7 will cycle me through the tanks, etc., and when I manually quit the mission, I get the same error message as above.

I have tried with them as *.trk, *.miz and *.miz.trk files.

Bummer!:cry:

Remember, on Nov. 4th, vote for Black Shark for President!!!

I ended up loading the begginers class 1 (the "begginers_8" version) in multiplayer, Alt+Tabbing out and playing the audio file using Media Player in the background, then Alt+Tabbing back to the game and following it through. Haven't done the second class yet. Some good stuff, picked up a few pointers, but I've also learnt a lot through "try and die"!! Good to know I'm not the only Vortex Ring State victim!

One of those "Ah Ha" moments!

Just did the bigginers 2 class and noticed afterwards that I had a new .miz.trk file - this file has been auto generated by what I have just done by loading the mission file as a multiplayer mission, playing the audio file in the background by Alt+Tabbing out and using Media Player, then Alt+Tabbing back into the game. That is why I got confused earlier, thinking I hadn't seen the .miz.trk files initially.

So what we need is Shepski's trk file so we can replay that on our systems, with his voice over playing in the background so we can follow his movements "in real time".

Hi guys,

What SimHQ has provided are the mission files I made up for the training as well as the expanded syllabus and soundtrack. The actual track files are from 15 to 18 MB in size and I have played them back but unfortunately they play back at 1 FPS or less.

What you can do is to run and fly the mission yourself with the voice track playing and follow along.

Hi guys,

What SimHQ has provided are the mission files I made up for the training as well as the expanded syllabus and soundtrack. The actual track files are from 15 to 18 MB in size and I have played them back but unfortunately they play back at 1 FPS or less.

What you can do is to run and fly the mission yourself with the voice track playing and follow along.

OK, thanks for letting us know. Great work, and thanks for all your time and effort, I've been a fan of your work for some time now - Flaming Cliffs.

i found those recording hilarious. very reminsicent of my first adventures in that cockpit. "why am i spinning shep"... <explosion sound> ....

what would be good for BS training would be a function to view another pilots cockpit and actions via spectate mode. That training in essence wasnt very good for the folks that crashed. Is/was there some insight into what gave cause for there loss of control i.e what procedure did they miss, was it the lack of change in some autopilot system whilst transitioning into differing flight states...etc etc...or was it the fact the pilot never trimmed into the hover that made his bird spin....i expereince these strange traits of the helicopter that cause loss of control too. so where do folks go wrong.... i know theres logical answers and im nearly on top of them.....

i must be at around 60 hours of reading and learning from the manual, the forums, the ingame training & wags's videos but its still not enough. The key areas are missing such as the overal unique russian systems philosophy. all this training tells u what to do stage by stage. but it never emphasises what not to do and its cause and effect and solution. i think what im really asking for is that training expereince where it all clicks into place. One that explains any and all of the grey areas not explained elsewhere . the extended pilots theory manual.. like what to do when u accidentally did this manual.. does anyone catch ma drift ????

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The following would be very nice in a training trk... mission.. etc..

what would be good for BS training would be a function to view another pilots cockpit and actions via spectate mode.

Also a Big Thanx to Shepski, for the work done and time invested in helping us and providing us with these sims.. :thumbup:

I picked up several answers to questions I had, in the wav files of the training material for download..

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

man, the guy should have uploaded a video on youtube.

this track + wave thing won't work.

please can someone record video + sound and upload to youtube?

i would like to watch those, but as it stands now, impossible.

thanks in advance!

There is no track... it's a mission file only.

Start the mission and then once in the chopper start the wave and follow along with what the voice is saying doing the actions and maneuvers as if you were in the training session.

Edited by Shepski