Question: Mission 12 rendezvous at angels 25

Sonoda Umi

You gotta be close enough. (As you learned in Misssion 2, breakup and rdv) He won’t call anything just set course. 

I just replayed the mission a few days ago, it works. Mind you, the AI chose to fly an almost 360 degree turn before settling on course, but that's just the AI...

Edited by Reflected

7 hours ago, Reflected said:

You gotta be close enough. (As you learned in Misssion 2, breakup and rdv) He won’t call anything just set course. 

I just replayed the mission a few days ago, it works. Mind you, the AI chose to fly an almost 360 degree turn before settling on course, but that's just the AI...

unfortunately, I have tried multiple times, but my lead was still flying 360-degree turn and nothing other happend.

Can you share a video to demonstrate how to make this happen? 

3 hours ago, Reflected said:

You just have to be formed up on him. Within 1000 feet to be exact. No radio calls will happen. Are you sure it's Paco you formed up on? 25k over mother?
Here's an older recording:

Yea... I did the same as your video flying(rendezvous at angels 25 over the mother). I should have another try that keep more closer to my lead, and... stay closer longer. 

I was trying to closer and stay longer as possible, but still nothing more happend.

I don't know the reason why it always circling?

Should this can be added a option to press "space" to call for join up?

image.png

And one more problem:

I watched the video again, I found that I have radio talks missing, such as CAT launch in this video, the slick says "here we go", "gears up" and chig says "airborne, good engines". Further more, the mission directions on right top of screen are missing as well for me.

It seems that the mission has some bugs needed to be done.

Edited by Sonoda Umi

Update:

First, it's my fault, I overlooked the tips "do not use radio menu to salute" and I used it to CAT launch, so the problems above occurred. Last time, I used "shift+U" to salute, and the mission went on.

Nonetheless, there was a new quesion: when my lead and me completed the Aerial Refueling, the radio called RTB, but my lead still stayed with the tanker and I didn't know the reason. As result, I returned to my carrier sololy and complete this mission.

I can go to the Mission 13 after all.  

Thanks for letting me know. I’ll check the mission because the salute shouldn’t be a requirement for the trigger to fire as I’m sure many players ignore the briefing. 

as for the tanker, it’s the same DCS AI bug as this one, @[ED]Obi is aware and the team is working on a fix:

Edited by Reflected

Actually I checked and the only condition is to be within that zone, and above 7000 meters. It has nothing to do with the salute.  If it doesn't work, then it's a core DCS AI bug, ignoring the stop flag. Can you please send a track of it not working so I can forward to ED?

null

image.png

Edited by Reflected

10 hours ago, Reflected said:

Actually I checked and the only condition is to be within that zone, and above 7000 meters. It has nothing to do with the salute.  If it doesn't work, then it's a core DCS AI bug, ignoring the stop flag. Can you please send a track of it not working so I can forward to ED?

null

image.png

This is the last play track.

I used "shift+U" to CAT launch instead of radio menu, and then the rendezvous went correctly.

The problem is that completed AAR the lead didn't return to ship.

LastMissionTrack.trk

Edited by Sonoda Umi
  • Thanks 1

Hi, just to join in on this. Same issue with the rejoin. Have been flying close formation for a very long time, and nothing. Restarted the mission two times, no luck. Then I picked up the SHIFT-U to launch from the carrier. All worked and mission complete.

Love it! This brings the campaign experience to new levels.

K

Edited by kega76

45 minutes ago, kega76 said:

Hi, just to join in on this. Same issue with the rejoin. Have been flying close formation for a very long time, and nothing. Restarted the mission two times, read the instruction, flew  the procedure out to seven miles etc.

Other than that, love it! This brings the campaign experience to new levels.

K

Can you please also post a track?

• 4 months later...

Just saw this thread after posting about this problem on another. I am also hitting this issue, I use a VAICOM "Salute" command which likely uses the Radio Comm "Salute" to shoot. I'm also missing the comms on gear up,etc. I'll try it again later using Shift+U....