Attack Group/Unit, is not re-attacking the target if not destroyed

Mnf

I did a simple mission with an AI F16 to attack an SA15 unit using an 'Attack Group'.

The problem is that the F16 does not re-engage after the SA15 destroys the HARM fired by F16.

"Unit Attack" does the same problem.

I also tried using "max attack qty" but it didn't seem to work. F16 attack once and stop.
Any help with this?

test.trk

• 2 months later...

AI on attackUnit and attackGroup ties to flight roles.

Like CAS role i tested it can re-engage multiple times, and can apply multiple attackUnit and attackGroup command.

Antiship, SEAD i figured out that you must saturate the defense in one run. it almost impossible to apply second attack command. But sometimes it can but very unstable and can not reproduce consistently. Let the anti-ship -a and sead -a do it's job. attack command is unreliable

If you want timing your attack or quantify expend, use CAS instead. AI is more predicable.

If you are timing your attacks, consider using "AI push task" as the method. I.e. remove the whole SEAD from the flight tasking, and add it as a triggered command. Have fighters orbit somewhere safe, and when ready, terminate their orbit and push SEAD task. Then you let them do their thing.