Mosquito Starting problems

michelip
Go to solution Solved by razo+r,

Recently I have been unable to manually start the Mosquito.  I have followed the Grim Reapers tutorial to the letter, and it all seems OK until I actually crank the first engine. Then it just turns over without firing. I have noticed that when I open the Left window and call for starter, my ground crew will not respond. Can anyone help?
Regards,
Mich. 

Hi razo+r, and thanks for your reply.

Yes, I am an allied pilot and flying from an allied airfield. I can attach a track, but all it shows is the correct procedure set out by Grim Reapers, and Chuck's guide. I think the problem may be not getting confirmation from ground crew when calling for priming. When I open left window and call ground crew,  then press  F8 and then F6, I hear myself calling for "start" but ground crew doesn't respond, so I'm wondering if there's no priming occurring. 

Regards

Edited by michelip
Spelling name wrong

Hi razo+r,

Attaching  non-start track. Confirming checked Electrical Power, Bomb doors & control switches, Gear and Bombay locks, Brake pressure, Fuel selectors to outer tanks, Fuel pressure vents lever up, Throttles cracked, RPM lever full fine, Mixture rich, Filters all closed, Submerged fuel pump Off, so video starts with opening L. window to call for priming.

Hope this helps.

Edited by michelip

Unfortunately it doesnt help. You posted a video, not a track. 

To get a track, play the mission again and when you end the mission and get to the debriefing screen, press save replay and then save it somewhere, where you find it easily. Then upload that track here. 

• Solution

The issue is that there are a few enemy units within the influence circle (black circle around an airfield in the mission editor) that make the airfield contested, so it doesn't belong to any coalition. This is why you cannot get a reply from the ground unit. 

If you remove the units or move them out of the influence circle the airfield will truly belong to the blue coalition and that will allow you to contact the ground crew.

You can check to which coalition an airfield belongs to in the mission if you select the airfield and look at the coalition entry. If no coalition is listed then it's contested.

• Like 1

Hi razo+r, Thanks so much for your advice and help. I removed the enemy from the airport sphere and now have proper ground crew responses, and can start the aircraft properly.

I would never have thought of that, and so I thank you again.

Best regards,

Myself.