Cougar Stick PCB Connectors

Sierra99

Gents,

Can anyone give me a point out to a source for the small 5 pin connectors used to attach the various switch assemblies to the board in the handle? 

Thanks in advance

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• 10 months later...

Hey @Hempstead As a follow up to this, I need to get some of the 3 pin connectors/pins that are used in the Warthog throttle.  When I changed the bricked board, one of the connectors split. I thought that these https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01E5MZXIM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 were the correct ones, but they are way too big.  Can you point me to the correct ones? 

Ours is not to reason why, but rather to do and die.

A man walks into a zoo. The only animal in the entire zoo is a dog. It's a shitzu

22 hours ago, LtFransky said:

Hey @Hempstead As a follow up to this, I need to get some of the 3 pin connectors/pins that are used in the Warthog throttle.  When I changed the bricked board, one of the connectors split. I thought that these https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01E5MZXIM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 were the correct ones, but they are way too big.  Can you point me to the correct ones? 

Digikey's p/n #: 455-1001-ND. MFG p/n: EHR-3.

However, these are just the plugs... you still need the pins. It's Digikey p/n: 455-1042-1-ND, MFG p/n: SEH-001T-P0.6.

I happen to have some 3-pin connectors. Send me your address on FB chat... I will mail you some.

2 hours ago, Hempstead said:

Digikey's p/n #: 455-1001-ND. MFG p/n: EHR-3.

However, these are just the plugs... you still need the pins. It's Digikey p/n: 455-1042-1-ND, MFG p/n: SEH-001T-P0.6.

I happen to have some 3-pin connectors. Send me your address on FB chat... I will mail you some.

I have a set of the ehr-3 with the 2.5mm pitch. That's the ones on Amazon.  The ones in the Warthog are even smaller. The C-C measurement of the pins is only about 1mm and the pins are only 0.3mm in diameter.

Ours is not to reason why, but rather to do and die.

A man walks into a zoo. The only animal in the entire zoo is a dog. It's a shitzu

On 1/2/2024 at 12:29 PM, LtFransky said:

I have a set of the ehr-3 with the 2.5mm pitch. That's the ones on Amazon.  The ones in the Warthog are even smaller. The C-C measurement of the pins is only about 1mm and the pins are only 0.3mm in diameter.

Ah... I am sorry... the word "Warthog" didn't register in my brain because the thread says Cougar...

Warthog uses smaller connectors... I think it's JST 1.25mm, like this one, https://www.amazon.com/Keszoox-Pre-Crimped-Compatible-Controller-Connectors/dp/B09F3TQS9V/ref=sr_1_1?crid=JIOGEC91JHYV&keywords=MX1.25&qid=1704476122&sprefix=mx1.25%2Caps%2C145&sr=8-1&th=1

I have a box of that... it fits fine.

• 3 months later...
On 2/17/2023 at 2:24 PM, Hempstead said:

There are 3 pins and 5 pins connectors. They are JST EHR-3 or EHR-5. You can go to www.digikey.com and search for EHR-3 or EHR-5 for them.

Now. please note that these are just connectors... you also need to buy the pins, SEH-001T-P0.6.

Do you know which is the conector of the microstick pcb of the Cougar? It is a 6 pin male connector, JST for what i see, but i cant be sure if it is 1 mm pitch or 1.25 mm pitch. Or maybe it other type of conector?