Shark Planner: waypoint entry into Ka-50 ABRIS and PVI-800 from F10

okopanja

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

v1.6.0

Improvements in Waypoint list and Crosshair information + important bug fixes.

What's Changed

• Features
    • [Crosshair] display of coordinates and altitudes by @okopanja in #120
    • [Crosshair] display of object model by @okopanja in #131
    • [Waypoint list] Allow altitude change by @okopanja in #121
    • [Waypoint list] Reordering of waypoints/fixpoints/targetpoints (Drag&Drop) by @okopanja in #124
    • [Internal] Implement internal camera interface by @okopanja in #119
  • Bugfixes
    • [Hotkeys] Fixed issue with hotkeys by @okopanja in #114
    • [JF-17] Fixed clearing of waypoints by @okopanja in #129
    • [JF-17] Prevent selection of non existing waypoint in JF-17 by @okopanja in #123
    • [Internal] Remove inspect utility from camera.lua by @okopanja in #127

Full Changelog: v1.5.2...v1.6.0

image.png

Edited by okopanja
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/20/2024 at 11:20 PM, Tank33 said:

Would you be able to implement this for UH-60L?

I would need to take a look. I installed the mode once for the co-op mission and got surprised at the level of details of the mod. If the mod implemented the key entry it should be fairly easy.

A developer can even do this for arbitrary module on his/her own:

https://github.com/okopanja/SharkPlanner/tree/main/Development

2 hours ago, Xtorris said:

This is amazing! Thank you!

Is there any way to have Shark Planner name the waypoints, which are entered into the ABRIS?

I would state that by far ABRIS is the weirdest input device in whole DCS. It can have very complex states especially when it comes to the selected items inside menu (it sadly remembers the positions of them, so each time I use them I need to return them to original state for subsequent use).

Waypoints are auto-numbered. In PVI-800 they are designated with numbers and there can be up to 6 of them, hence I limited the entry of max 6 of them. Since they are auto-numbered there is not much point into designating them as text. Each waypoint can be also edited with planned speed, altitude and wind information.

However it is is possible to enter the annotation "objects" and they can be named in ABRIS. Here I face the problem that the entry is done via dials which are finicky, and already now this is not 100% reliable due to:

- non-deterministic time needed for UI to update

- inability to always determine if there is already an object surface covered with designation ABRIS cursor.

- inability to query the exact state of the UI of ABRIS device (more or less it's a blind entry, although I did hard effort to utilize what little information it provides)

Also I would need to fix the following issue first: https://github.com/okopanja/SharkPlanner/issues/108

Even then I can not promis anything and at best the feature may get added as Experimental (non-active by default) since ti can affect the stability of entry.

4 hours ago, okopanja said:

I would state that by far ABRIS is the weirdest input device in whole DCS.

Don't sweat it then, man. Your mod cuts down on a huge majority of the ABRIS input, as it is, and me assigning names to the ABRIS waypoints give me something to do while the PVI-800 aligns.