Help with OpenXR toolkit

Maolain

Just downloaded OpenXR toolkit, clicked on the download, got the menu, a shortcut appears on the screen etc. I assume I've properly installed it, though I'm no whiz. I did change the on-screen hot keys to ctrl - left arrow, ctrl-down arrow, etc.

I assumed from the instructions that the next thing I need to do is launch dcs, hit ctrl-down arrow, and the menu would appear in-game, then I would proceed to adjust settings. However, when I press ctrl-down arrow, nothing happens. No menu, nada.

I'm guessing I've missed a fundamental step somewhere. Any guidance would be appreciated

The first post here on page 1 explains all

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 64Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090,

CONTROLS: VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base, VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime [R], Thrustmaster Warthog – Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control (For Anubis C-130 Hercules), Meta Quest Pro.

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11,

Thanks for your quick response, Mordants. If I understand correctly, I need to modify the DCS.exe by typing in --force_enable_ VR ( etc.)

My next obstacle is, I've opened DCS Properties and I have no tab that lets me modify the exe, no 'Shortcut' tab, just the following tabs:

General   Compatibility   Digital Signatures    Security    Details    Previous Versions

Anybody have any thoughts as to how to proceed?

Appreciate the help.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Maolain said:

Anybody have any thoughts as to how to proceed?

Right click DCS.exe and select New> Shortcut.  Put this shortcut on your desktop, or when you do a DCS repair it will get deleted.  Afterwards, you can deselect VR in the DCS game settings, use the default icon to launch DCS in 2D, and use the custom icon to launch VR.

Screenshot 2023-03-01 125401.png

Edited by Glide
  • Like 1

Appreciate the response...I go into Program Files>Eagle Dynamics>DCS World>bin>DCS.exe -- right click on the .exe -- and get a menu of options including Open, run as Administrator, etc. So I left click on Properties, and get the DCS Properties menu as described above -- no option for ""Shortcut."

I'm not running DCS Beta, just the standard. I'm flummoxed.

3 minutes ago, Maolain said:

Appreciate the response...I go into Program Files>Eagle Dynamics>DCS World>bin>DCS.exe -- right click on the .exe -- and get a menu of options including Open, run as Administrator, etc. So I left click on Properties, and get the DCS Properties menu as described above -- no option for ""Shortcut."

I'm not running DCS Beta, just the standard. I'm flummoxed.

Bizarrely if you click once and then click again you get two different menus, the first one gives the shortcut request in "NEW" and the second as seen below. Give it a try.

null

null

image.png

image.png

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 64Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090,

CONTROLS: VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base, VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime [R], Thrustmaster Warthog – Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control (For Anubis C-130 Hercules), Meta Quest Pro.

You cannot use native openxr with the stable release of DCS at this present time. Either switch to open beta or implement open composite which will allow you access to openxr toolkit🙂

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

2 hours ago, edmuss said:

You cannot use native openxr with the stable release of DCS at this present time. Either switch to open beta or implement open composite which will allow you access to openxr toolkit🙂

I wasn't aware of that, thanks for the info. Actually I haven't use stable for years just trying to show the guy where/how to create a shortcut in his DCS bin folder. 

Edited by Mordants
Additional info

Try right click on DCS.exe and "Send to..."-> "Desktop(create shortcut)".

Or something along those lines🙂

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

1 hour ago, Maolain said:

I'm still not seeing an option to click "New" and "Shortcut" when I right click on the DCS.exe.

Oddly, that option disappeared for me too.  Try New (top left corner)> shortcut, or Show More Options>Create shortcut.

Screenshot (5).png

Edited by Glide

hace 2 horas, Maolain dijo:

Eureka! Sort of. I created the shortcut, but now I get an error. Any advice?

null

image.png

I think you must add a space between the " and the -- symbols on the first line, alos between the VR and the --force_OpenXR  so is like I have mine 

"your main user installation\bin\DCS.exe" --force_enable_VR --force_OpenXR

Try to copy this and see

• Like 1

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick