[FIXED] JF-17 targeting pod bug in DCS 2.8.3.37556 Open Beta, MT and non-MT

eifionglyn

1 hour ago, Aqil Huseynov said:

Why is the topic is FIXED? the problem is not fixed yet.

If it stops shaking while you lock target it doesn't mean the problem is solved. You cannot look anywhere with the camera, it is constantly shaking.

It's fixed internally, but didn't make it in the last patch.

16 hours ago, redbedblock said:

It has been a few patches now and the fix is still not implemented

Is this due to miscommunication between the devs and ED(like the AAR update) or is there another reason?

these updates are more like hotfix/patch not for 3rd party

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• 2 weeks later...

In MT I can get the targetting pod to stabilize, the issue I'm having is getting it to zoom in/out and focus. It seems like it's constantly trying to refocus and the zoom I can see the box enlarge/shrink but the zoom itself only works if I'm moving the TDC slew around.

Edit: Track File added.

JF-17 TGP Zoom Issues.trk

Edited by DragonSoulkin

• 10 months later...

Hi,

For sometime I am observing that the JF17 tpod doesnt work in A2A mode anymore. Since this functionality is also present in the actual aircraft and it used to work in DCS too, why does this not work anymore? The pod doesnt even uncage in A2A. Kindly help me understand if something has changed which I may not be aware of.

Thanks.

Hi,
For sometime I am observing that the JF17 tpod doesnt work in A2A mode anymore. Since this functionality is also present in the actual aircraft and it used to work in DCS too, why does this not work anymore? The pod doesnt even uncage in A2A. Kindly help me understand if something has changed which I may not be aware of.
Thanks.
Do you have any sources for that?
The A/A functionality was removed from the pod, as the pod doesn't actually have AA capabilities irl

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot for responding!

Well, for source...its like I asked a friend who asked someone who happens to know this stuff on the real thing...but the interesting thing I found out after I posted this was that now a days the JF17s use ASELPOD (google). The one we have in DCS is WMD7...Now I am not sure if A2A functionality is there in the ASELPOD and not in WMD7.

Any more info you may have on this?

Thanks 🙂