Will the A-10Cii get the Sniper Adv. TP..?

Bedouin

10 hours ago, Bedouin said:

Hey,

Anyone have heard or know if the A-10Cii will be getting this, since its confirmed it is being developed...?

Thanks.

I doubt it..  The sniper pod is a relatively new addition to the A10 and not sure it is a significant upgrade.  There are other pieces of equipment still missing from the A10 that is more practical like the Long Raytheon pod..

35 minutes ago, A10Yoda said:

I doubt it..  The sniper pod is a relatively new addition to the A10 and not sure it is a significant upgrade.  There are other pieces of equipment still missing from the A10 that is more practical like the Long Raytheon pod..

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the A-10 has been able to carry the sniper pod for as long as it could carry the lightning. The lightning and sniper are comparable products just made by different companies.  Which one they carry is mostly a matter of what inventory the squadron has allocated to it.

47 minutes ago, ASAP said:

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the A-10 has been able to carry the sniper pod for as long as it could carry the lightning. The lightning and sniper are comparable products just made by different companies.  Which one they carry is mostly a matter of what inventory the squadron has allocated to it.

They are similar but they are not 1 for 1.  My point is they are still relatively new in the history of the A10.  You are correct about inventory but they were extremely rare to see on an A10 until about 2018ish.

My point was trying to get focused attention from developers toward quality of life improvements that is much more needed.

On 3/11/2023 at 10:30 PM, A10Yoda said:

They are similar but they are not 1 for 1.  My point is they are still relatively new in the history of the A10.  You are correct about inventory but they were extremely rare to see on an A10 until about 2018ish.

My point was trying to get focused attention from developers toward quality of life improvements that is much more needed.

Actually they were used extensively by both the 74th and 75th  at Moody until around 2013 then we shipped them off and have been litening only since.

The jet can still carry the sniper but I haven’t seen one loaded on an A-10 in about 10 years.

Edited by Snoopy

3 hours ago, Snoopy said:

Actually they were used extensively by both the 74th and 75th  at Moody until around 2013 then we shipped them off and have been litening only since.

The jet can still carry the sniper but I haven’t seen one loaded on an A-10 in about 10 years.

I knew they were YMWV..  I never saw one on an A10 and was told you had to be trained on them so I assume they were not 1 for 1 or at least on pilots end.  Not sure how they where on maintenance side.

It is essentially the same argument as PS4 vs Xbox One. They are both capable, but they each have slight strengths and weaknesses when you compare them against eachother. The training they'd get would be pretty much a slide show highlighting what the differences are and how to get the sensor to do the exact same thing that the other sensor does. The HOTAS would be pretty much identical, the differences come down to the different menu options from what I understand.

• 3 months later...

Bit of fun on the A10C this morning at Groomlake, popped the Sniper on to see how ED were progressing.....not all working yet but a few things in place already.

Screen_230629_105007.jpg

Screen_230629_104044.jpg

Can't load it on the station yet from the cockpit inventory, but the wording is there.

Screen_230629_105701.jpg

Still needs work on an icon as RazBam are using the litening icon in their code.

Fingers crossed......😉

Asus Dark Hero X570, AMD 5800x Oc to 5ghz on 2 cores, RX6900XT Reference Oc to 2700mhz+MPT, All on Custom Water Loop, 3600 CL15 XMP, 2xCrucial P5P 1T M2, Hotas Warthog, Reverb G2,

Latest DCS Open Beta and VR only

A10CII and AH64D, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Marianas, Caucasus 

• Wags locked this topic