Hangs on Main Menu in VR

Go to solution Solved by pimp,

When launching the MT executable, the game hangs on the main menu. Task Manager shows DCS is not responding. I have performed a slow repair, deleted fxo & shader folders, and restarted machine. My specs are in my sig so please let me know what other info is needed.

dcs.log

DxDiag2.txt

dcs-in-game-settings.PNG

dcs-in-game-vr-settings.PNG

Edited by pimp

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

This was tagged "missing info". I provided my specs and log file. What info is missing?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

2 minutes ago, pimp said:

This was tagged "missing info". I provided my specs and log file. What info is missing?

Post full DxDiag

My opensource ranked bot project for DCS: https://github.com/Miksuu/AirCombatMatchmakerBot
Ryzen 7800X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 @ overclocked to ~2950ghz, 64GB CL30 RAM @6000Mhz EXPO with Custom timings/voltage, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 2TB Gen4 7000mb/s NVME SSD
Winwing F-16EX Stick on Super Libra Base with Extension (on center mounted custom DIY mount built from Oak), VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle
MFG Crosswind V3 Pedals with hydraulic damper, WinWing Takeoff and Combat panels, 3x Thrustmaster MFDs WinWing UFC with the HUD component, 2x Dayton Audio bass shakers for G-forces and AoA with DIY build & software, PS4 Controller for more buttons.
VR headset: Pico4 with Virtual Desktop and OpenXR toolkit, Headtracking: Delanclip & PS3 Eye Camera

1 minute ago, Miksuu said:

Post full DxDiag

Thanks. I found a post showing what info is needed.

• Like 1

Somehow I was able to load a mission. I'll play for about 10 minutes, close the game, and try to reopen but it hangs on the main menu. I can't get it to run consistently. I didn't do anything special besides turn off & on Motion Reprojection in the OXR Tools for WMR. So I don't know why I was able to get to the mission editor.

Edited by pimp

• Solution
10 hours ago, Baldrick33 said:

In my experience with VR & MT:

OpenVR/SteamVR crashes on startup

OpenXR with reprojection on and no OpenXR Toolkit v1.2.4 crashes on startup

OpenXR with reprojection on and OpenXR Toolkit v1.2.4 runs with better frame rates but stutters

OpenXR using SteamVR runtime runs with better frame rates and is smooth <--- This is my choice with a Reverb G1

6 hours ago, Baldrick33 said:

steamvr openxr runtime.jpeg

These posts from @Baldrick33 help me resolve my issues.