Half of the rockets not launching

Delta-canard

Probably just a switch flip I'm missing but can't nail it in the manual. I've been flying the rockets training sorties in the Kursant campaign (L-39C). Only the inner group of rockets (5 per pod) would launch, after that I press the trigger, cycle the usual switches on the pedestal console etc with no effect. And I'm puzzled to why one would need an additional action to enable half the pod.

Hi! I,'ve seen this happen in missions 4 and 5 (I haven't been any further into the campaign). Sometimes the rockets won't fire at all (I suspect it happened when I cycled the trigger safety button before arriving to the range), otherwise I can fire at first but only 10 rockets will be fired, after that the trigger becomes unresponsive. Belay the inner/outer ring. I can't take screenshots this evening, maybe I can try tomorrow.

When I loaded the Instant action rockets training, I was able to fire all the rockets.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...

Just a guess, but in these missions the instructor has the final say on weapons - via his switch in the rear cockpit. I remember the first rocket mission only vaguely now, but you can't fire too soon, before firing range gives you the go and even too low (there's a voice line about being too low as well). This is also a strong point of these missions, but it may be confusing, as you can't just ask "Hey, did you do something with my weapons?" 🙂

I strongly suspect it's your instructor and his powerful switch in the rear cockpit.

• Like 1

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube