A-10C not available anymore?

ExoLain
Go to solution Solved by Yurgon,

Hey guys,

i just started with DCS and i love the A-10C 😄 But i cant buy it or download it. Did they remove it? Only the A-10A and Tank Killer is available. But on steam i could buy the A-10C. Is that intended? And if yes is it worth to buy the Tank Killer Module or the A-10A?

Edited by ExoLain

• Solution
2 hours ago, ExoLain said:

Did they remove it?

The A-10C was succeeded by the A-10C II Tank Killer. It's a slightly more modern version with a few new systems. Almost everything you see in old videos and tutorials still applies, the aircraft are like 95% identical. And the remaining 5% make it much more combat effective. 😉

2 hours ago, ExoLain said:

And if yes is it worth to buy the Tank Killer Module or the A-10A?

The A-10C II Tank Killer is totally worth it. As an added bonus, it includes the old A-10C module, so you can choose which one you want to fly on a per-mission basis; old content that was designed for the A-10C is still going to remain compatible this way.

The A-10A is part of the Flaming Cliffs package. It's got simplified systems, it doesn't have a targeting pod and it's just all around outdated. Unless you intend to fly 1980s to 1990s type conflicts, I'd say there's little value in the A-10A for DCS World. Plus there's very little content for it, whereas the A-10C and A-10C II Tank Killer modules both have a plethora of missions, campaigns and tutorials available for them.

Can't go wrong with the A-10C II Tank Killer module! 👍

• Thanks 2