Mission: Flexible Defense (SP/MP)

MBot

wav format is typically uncompressed, while ogg vorbis is compressed better than mp3 format.

Well, it's compressed more, whether it is compressed better is subject to discussion. Compression always sacrifices some of the information contained in the original source. The quality of the resulting file is dependant on how cleverly things were left out.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Well, it's compressed more, whether it is compressed better is subject to discussion. Compression always sacrifices some of the information contained in the original source. The quality of the resulting file is dependant on how cleverly things were left out.

I totally agree. The sound quality depends on the source frequencies, and the compression algorithm and rate, etc. When I said better, I just meant that the file size is usually smaller.

Cheers,

LP

modules:

F5-E / A4-E / A-10A / AJS-37 / SA-342 / UH-1H / Ka-50 / Mi-8 / CA

would buy:

OH-58 /AH-64A / AH-1 / Sepecat Jaguar / F-111

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another fun mission Mbot - I found the comms to be both atmospheric and useful. Keep 'em coming!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

• 1 month later...

Really good mission!:thumbup:

We played it yesterday in MP with 5 guys. Maybe you should add a second version of a mission for more then 4 player in your next missions:music_whistling:

Briefing was professionel and the radio calls are really nice.

Go and make more MP missions in that quality!:)

A question: What country use animal names for their groundforces?

P.s.: Don't worry about message sync. problems....we noticed that in our missions too.

Edited by Duke49th

• 3 months later...
Glad you enjoy it. If you like this one, you might also enjoy Suppression Fire, which is one of my favourites.

Another great mission. Well done. However, when running Flexible Defense under Patch 1.01 it occasionally locks up shortly before reaching the combat zone defined by the red lines on the map. Like Suppression Fire, the voice message seems to trigger the lockup. Hope this is helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

MBot, great mission, had a blast flying this while I could, but for some reason kept getting froze up along the way. What I was wondering is if this mission was installed prior to me putting in the patch would this cause it to freeze? And if that is the case is there a way for me to get around this or do you have to do something to the mission to make it compatible with the patch. Thanks for the help and keep the good missions coming.