IR missiles and countermeasures desync in multiplayer (MT)

Rissala

This has been a long time issue in multiplayer. It is possible for the server and client to have different interpretations of IR missiles going for countermeasures. In practice this means that when you flare, you see the missile go for the flares and miss but server side the missile never went for them and you get hit.

As this is a MP issue, I do not have a track available.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • ED Team

Can you give me some more info? The server you were connected to, your connection quality, any other details? It should automatically save a track after each MP session in your \Tracks\Multiplayer folder.

If possible a server track to compare to your track, although I know that is not always possible, 

• Like 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• 5 months later...
On 5/10/2023 at 11:10 PM, NineLine said:

Can you give me some more info? The server you were connected to, your connection quality, any other details? It should automatically save a track after each MP session in your \Tracks\Multiplayer folder.

If possible a server track to compare to your track, although I know that is not always possible, 

This video was taken on BF 80's server. My ping is around 20-30ms, so this is close to a best case scenario for the connection. I have traditional cable (not fiber) internet. My PC is connected over wifi.
As you already know, this is a difficult issue to reproduce as it is rare, and only affects MP (AFAIK). MP trackfiles do not replicate well after maneuvering hard few times. I have similar videos of this happening with SU-25T and A-10A.

My guess is that the server can somehow roll the countermeasures "dice" completely seperately from the client side.

I have very little time to play DCS these days 🫤. I hope someone who has more free time to spend can take a closer look at this.

15 часов назад, Rissala сказал:

My guess is that the server can somehow roll the countermeasures "dice" completely seperately from the client side.

It is not rare, I see it often when play dcs. This bug is already 3-4 years old, maybe more )

"Dices" are rolled separately on each client. To determine if missile hits or not shooter's side dice is used. And there is no synchronization at all for missiles, so for each client same missile flies different paths, lol 😃

Edited by firimar
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Happened to me again today. The missile instantly locks on to flares on my end. However, server side, the missile does not get fooled and I get shot down by a ghost missile. This happened after an hour of flying so not sure if this track will work. I hope the new replay system works.

This bug, at least for me, instantly kills any fun I'm having in DCS, since it is literally like getting shot down by an object that does not exist on the client end.

The way this bug happens is very similar to the first comment I made in this topic, but here it is even more obvious.

As already stated, the bug only happens on multiplayer.

Caucasus-20240203-160713.trk

• Like 1