Mosquito cockpit inaccuracy/artefact

Oreo147

The Mosquito has this weird box looking object in the cockpit, see the below screenshots. It is present in both the ST and MT versions of the latest Open Beta. From my testing, this wasn't present in the latest 2.7 version and I believe it is not supposed to be there at all. Hope this can get fixed, it looks very off. Screen_230414_152708.jpg

On 4/14/2023 at 5:28 AM, Oreo147 said:

The Mosquito has this weird box looking object in the cockpit, see the below screenshots. It is present in both the ST and MT versions of the latest Open Beta. From my testing, this wasn't present in the latest 2.7 version and I believe it is not supposed to be there at all. Hope this can get fixed, it looks very off. Screen_230414_152708.jpg

I took a close look at it in different light conditions. I believe it is a "non-working" latch on a small access door used to gain access to some things in the nose of the aircraft. 

2 hours ago, 4eyes said:

I took a close look at it in different light conditions. I believe it is a "non-working" latch on a small access door used to gain access to some things in the nose of the aircraft. 

That could be, but the real Mosquito cockpit does not seem to have such a feature: 71bbd382e96e0404bbff75dcb10dca5e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it looks a bit weird, but fortunately, it's not a show stopper. Probably a 3D model bug.

I noticed it while firing the cannons at night, you can see the muzzle flashes as if there was a hole in the aircraft nose.

It's a small gripe though, there are more serious bugs to be fixed. Of course, I'd like the DCS Mossie to be perfect 🙂

• 1 month later...