Hog Driver gettin his feet wet

David A Sell

Hiya guys, Longtime lomac player and really enjoying the game so far, but had a couple questions.

I have learned everything on hard mode, as i found long ago with lomac labels and easy radar ect are a disservice to your online skill. (the first day before i poured over the trimming threads i was very frustrated lol ) But have a few questions about the game.

on the abris, in map mode is it possible to "move" the map other than the Zoom in and out? like scroll to the target area and zoom way in?

I find it sometimes difficult to distinquish armor types, any Siloutte type pdfs or anything like the sub sims have boat sils? after so many years of hitting russian hardware from above Im not used to shooting at M1a1s!

I have no pilot in my seat (like look down and no legs, ect) Is this correctable? and if so is editing in something like a kneeboard as easy as it was in LOMAC?

Lastly what is this warning tone/light? Im assumeing it has to do with over stressing the rotors or airframe but im not sure - pic below

screenshot00899990000ur3.gif

Sorry for my awful spelling:music_whistling:

Thanks all and see ya Online soon!

Home-Built Rig - | ASUS TUF Z390-Plus| i9 9900k | 2080ti | 32g G.SKILL TridentZ |Samsung 970 evos | Tagan 1100w PS | Warthog Hotas | Track ir 5 | Saitek Pedals | PFT Collective

For seeing the pilot, I believe the standard key combination is Shift-P. Can't double-check that right now tho. Be aware however that there are a few buttons that will be obscured unless you have a TrackIR. (Mainly external lights and so on.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

G'day Munny,

Glad to see you are enjoying Black Shark, it really is a great sim.

Yes, shift + P will toggle the pilot on and off.

I think that warning light is the low rotor speed light, starts to flash when your rotor rpm drops to a dangerous level.

You can scroll the ABRIS using the ERBL cursor. Get the ABRIS on the map mode, then hit the ERBL button. A red cursor will pop up which you can scroll around using the rotary dial on the bottom right side of the ABRIS. There may be a better way of scrolling, but this works for me.

Sorry, but can't help you out with target recognition...I've put more that a few rounds into friendly ground forces too :music_whistling:

P.S. As a hog driver, you'll be pleased to know that the next planned module for DCS is the A-10 C. Really looking forward to that one!

Edited by Chizzy101
Adding P.S.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever" - Napoleon Bonaparte

Hiya guys, Longtime lomac player and really enjoying the game so far, but had a couple questions.

I have learned everything on hard mode, as i found long ago with lomac labels and easy radar ect are a disservice to your online skill. (the first day before i poured over the trimming threads i was very frustrated lol ) But have a few questions about the game.

on the abris, in map mode is it possible to "move" the map other than the Zoom in and out? like scroll to the target area and zoom way in?

ERBL--Also good for getting the lat/long for a position to program into the PVI as a waypoint/target point/Ingress, etc.

I find it sometimes difficult to distinquish armor types, any Siloutte type pdfs or anything like the sub sims have boat sils? after so many years of hitting russian hardware from above Im not used to shooting at M1a1s!

For the first few weeks use F10. (I still use it but with only friendlies visible.

Lastly what is this warning tone/light? Im assumeing it has to do with over stressing the rotors or airframe but im not sure - pic below

Low rotor rpm. Reduce collective.

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

For target ID, I made a mission pack with about 30 missions where each one is a different armor or mech or arty target. I made it specifically for ID practice. I don't remember if the M1 was in there, but give it a go. You can find it in the mission message board someplace. I would attach it but I already purged it from my mission folder. It is available in the Missions message board though.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=37467 that is the link to the Mission Download for ID'ing armor.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

• ED Team

Once you hear that warning tone, and see flashing light - REDUCE COLLECTIVE.

Edited by JimMack
More info

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

The step I use to zoom on a position on the map is the same as described above, but here are the exact steps I use.

On the Abris, click, NAV / Map / ERBL.

Now scroll horizonally with the right abris dial.

Right click right abris dial.

Now scroll vertically with the right abris dial.

Click Marker / Info / Info

You should now be centered over the red square box you moved around with the right abris dial after your second "info" click.

Warning! Don't hit the "To" soft key button at this point because it will make that marker your "go to" position on the abris and delete all of your other waypoints etc.

Warning! Don't hit the "To" soft key button at this point because it will make that marker your "go to" position on the abris and delete all of your other waypoints etc.

Well, it doesn't delete your flightplan, it just overrides it. You can always reload the original flightplan from the "menu" and then "plan" page, if I'm not mistaken.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.