How to add sound files to trigger actions?

I found that the .WAV/.OGG files used by the trigger actions are stored inside the .MIZ files. However, I see no clear way for assigning a sound file that's packaged into the .MIZ file to a trigger action. With the "Open" function I can only select files that are directly accessible in a folder, I cannot select a file that's in a .MIZ file. The User Guide is no help in this.
Can someone tell me what the right process is please?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

When you select a sound file to open from the mission editor, it will package that sound file into the .miz for you when you save the mission. You don't need to then tell it where to look internally from the .miz

Alternatively, if you are packaging the sound files into the .miz manually outside of the editor, then you will want to trigger the sounds via script.

trigger.action.outSound('SoundName.ogg')

Edited by Surrexen

So if I don't want to use the script, I have to put the sound file into the mission folder in order to open it from the ME. And when the ME has swallowed it into the .MIZ, I can delete the file from the folder. A weird process! I can live with a weird process but at least ED should document it in the user guide!

Thank you so much!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

2 hours ago, LeCuvier said:

So if I don't want to use the script, I have to put the sound file into the mission folder in order to open it from the ME. And when the ME has swallowed it into the .MIZ, I can delete the file from the folder. A weird process! I can live with a weird process but at least ED should document it in the user guide!

Thank you so much!

No that's not how it works. If you are not going to do it via script, you set up the trigger in the mission editor, and select the sound that the trigger will play and it will embed the sound file into the mission when you save it. I'll post some screenshots of how it will look in the editor shortly.

Screen_230421_204153.jpg

In the example above, a trigger of 'once' type is used to play the sound file 10 seconds after the start of the mission. When you select the sound file and then save the mission, the sound file will be embedded into the .miz. The trigger will not require any further change as it will know that the file is part of the mission. Hopefully that explains it a bit better.

Edited by Surrexen
Attach screenshot