Vikhr double-launching in Ka-50 III OB MT

LeCuvier
Go to solution Solved by Schlomo1933,

Since yesterday's update I experience this issue. Each time I press the Weapon Release button for the Vikhr ATGM, the Black Shark launches 2 Vikhr missiles, which depletes my weapon payload very quickly. I have seen this same behaviour a long time ago. It was fixed I think when the long button-press was introduced.
Track attached.

Edit: I did some more testing and sometimes I manage to shoot just one Vikhr at a time. It seems to depend on the duration of the button press.

Ka-50_3 Vikhr Double Launch.trk

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I have bound this switch to the Autopilot switch on my TM WH throttle which is a maintained 3-position ON1-OFF-ON2 switch. I have always had this switch in its center position (which means "medium") at mission start, and never switched it to anything else. And I did not get the double-launch at all. Now I get it more often than not.
I checked a bit more and found that the cockpit at mission start (hot start) shows the switch in the DOWN (= short burst) position.
I suspect that the software does not reliably scan the switch positions, and that there is some random behaviour. So sometimes it ignores the OFF (=Center) state of my switch and fires a single Vikhr, and sometimes it does update the switch state and fires 2. During my last mission last night I did not get the double launch at all!
Conclusion: I will make sure going forward that I have the switch in the down position when using the Vikhr. And I will update this post based on the result.

Thanks for your input!

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5