"need module armour and technique" warning when loading Normandy instant actions

RafaPolit

I gifted Normandy 2.0 to my nephew, but he doesn't have the WWII Assets Pack.

When he tries to load the Bf-109 instant actions, he gets a message that he needs the module Armour and Techniques.  Not sure if this results from the fact it was a gift and I DO own the module, if there was something wrong with his configuration or if the instant actions are really wrongly created and they need assets that are not necessarily owned by the user.

I'd appreciate some pointers.

Thanks.

Edit: Perhaps this is a Bf-109 issue and not Normandy? But he doesn't have any other module to try.

Edited by RafaPolit

I'm Dragon in the Multiplayer servers.

I believe if he doesn't own the assets pack those missions shouldn't show up in the first place, like when you don't have the map, or module, but maybe they do show in this case for whatever reason, never happened to me since I also own the assets pack. Without the assets pack he won't be able to run those missions, that's obvious.

Anyhow you're right those missions, some of them at least, shouldn't use assets pack since it's not mandatory (some wwii assets are there for free, actually, and those should be used instead), and if mandatory the mission shouldn't show up as they don't for other similar cases when something isn't owned. Actually, he does have TF-51 and Su-25T, I wouldn't know now if TF-51 does have quick missions in the new Normandy map (or the old one, didn't check TBH). That message though, means assets pack if I'm not mistaken, so it might well be the reason why it's not working.

I don't think that might be module related (109) since when you don't have the module those missions just aren't there. If they show they should work. Perhaps the TF-51 check might be worth it. Or, running a repair just in case anything might be wrong in this install since the free wwii stuff are there for everyone.

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Just to clarify: these are the Bg-109 instant actions for the Normandy scenario.  I also own the assets so I cannot confirm from my side, unfortunately.

I'll try to check the TF-51.  We did a quick repair, maybe we need a deep repair.

Thanks for the answer, I'll keep on investigating.  If someone else has any ideas on what to check, I'd appreciate it.

Well, checking the Bf-109 Quick Start missions, the Normandy ones all require the WWII Assets Pack.  That is kind of limiting that the Normandy 2.0 scenarios REQUIRE the WWII Assets pack which is a different product.  I believe these should be like the F/A-18 that you have some that take advantage of the Super Carrier, but having ALL the missions require an additional product is a bit too much, in my opinion.

All the warbirds suffer from the same problem.  I'll create a separate bug report.

55 minutes ago, RafaPolit said:

Well, checking the Bf-109 Quick Start missions, the Normandy ones all require the WWII Assets Pack.  That is kind of limiting that the Normandy 2.0 scenarios REQUIRE the WWII Assets pack which is a different product.  I believe these should be like the F/A-18 that you have some that take advantage of the Super Carrier, but having ALL the missions require an additional product is a bit too much, in my opinion.

All the warbirds suffer from the same problem.  I'll create a separate bug report.

The thing is, the missions should warn you that's required, that's what's missing there. When you buy any campaign, for instance, it's warned you need this or that module, map, or whatever in order to fly it. Here it's not exactly that, but still those should warn you the need for something else, or just don't show up those missions if you don't meet the needed criteria.

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I agree, but there is one further consideration: if the assets pack is not bundled with the Normandy map, and not included in any warbird purchase, the fact that you cannot fly ONE single instant action mission on ANY warbird on the Normandy map without purchasing the Assets pack is not really the right choice.

Campaigns are a different thing.  Here, there could be a couple of quick access mission and then most under the “requires assets pack” division (like the Hornet and Supercarrier) in order to lure you into buying them, sure! But not allowing you to fly a single mission in Normandy without the pack is simply wrong, in my opinion.

• Like 1

I recall either Thunderbolt or Mossie has a clear division in single missions menu where the ones requiring assets are listed separately from the ones that don't. Would be great then if something like this was implemented in Instant missions as well and for all other warbirds.

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.