Inherent Resolve has now been upgraded to V2

Firstly we just wanted to get in touch to say thanks to all of the flyers who purchased the INHERENT RESOLVE CAMPAIGN for the F/A-18C Hornet recently.

Also our apologies, some of the campaign elements were missed out of the initial release. This has now been fixed.

Also thanks to everyone for the constructive feedback. We have addressed EACH and every issue and are proud to announce the following.

Inherent Resolve has now been upgraded to V2 - subject to update from ED as of April 26th 2023

All bugs and errors reported on Steam Store and Eagle Dynamics Forum have now been logged and fixed.

General updates:

• ADDED DOCS FOLDER - previously missing. Contains Campaign PDF, Mission Briefing PDFs, Info on skins, notes, credits

• COLD STARTS - added for all missions

• Players can now Launch Mission via SPACEBAR when ready allowing for more

prep time

• Added ability to use LABELS

• Added SCORE SYSTEM system to each mission

• Fixed / added EPLRS for all aircraft with datalink

• New KNEEBOARDS for all missions with detailed flight plans, mission details

including load out, flight plan, maps, orders, roll call and more

• Embedded improved ground unit infantry skins from US Infantry Insurgent skins -

see Campaign PDF for links

• Player WAYPOINTS renamed for consistency

• TACAN for tankers now use 72/74/75Y on all missions due to inconsistent TACAN

issues

• Added optional IMMORTAL MODE to several longer missions, dangerous missions

DCS Campaign - Inherent Resolve V2

FULL Change-log:

April 25th 2023

Mission1:

- Steered C-130 higher and wider to avoid confusing player to follow them on take off

Mission 2:
- corrected waypoint for target apron at menakh
- corrected transit speeds of package
- added additional ground units in firefight
- target destroyed by allied aircraft, now fixed

Mission 4 - The Damned:

- Improved in-game instructions and briefing

- improved Ai behaviours all-round

- Improved target sets and positions

- Added improved secondaries and airfield attack

- dozens of other upgrades/improvements

Mission 5 - Barrel Bombs

- adjusted helo heights - after reports of hovering around pad and too low for shoot downs around city

- new audio added for weapons firing, BDA and other items

- Mission improved playability / Flow / Timings

Mission 7 - The Oil Business

• Updated Ai behaviour for egress/recovery/landings
  • Updated Completion music
  • Updated Sabre20 audio/dialogue for improved accuracy (location, instructions)
  • Updated Oil Derrick explosions
  • Updated Flypast Artillery strike/timings
  • Updated flight audio/comms to avoid audio clashes
  • Updated Banshee targeting and BDA
  • Many more updates that improve flow/experience

Lots of other fixes and improvements not listed. 

Thank you for playing Inherent Resolve and for your valued feedback
Looking Glass

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Looking Glass
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi there Looking Glass. Great campaign but made near impossible in VR due to tiny targets (Helos and VBIED's) with no option even to use dot neutral labels. According to this post this has been updated but this does not seem to have happened in the latest DCS update. 

Was it missed off the updates?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, andygg said:

Hi there Looking Glass. Great campaign but made near impossible in VR due to tiny targets (Helos and VBIED's) with no option even to use dot neutral labels. According to this post this has been updated but this does not seem to have happened in the latest DCS update. 

Was it missed off the updates?

Apologies Looking Glass - I got my dates muddled! Clearly we are awaiting the next DCS update. I will say I am really looking forward to the updates you have listed. Particularly pleased there will be a cold start option as I like setting up the plane for a mission. Really love the lighting and weather scenarios as well. Very atmospheric. Great work mate!

• Like 1

On 5/1/2023 at 10:39 PM, Steel Jaw said:

Well now I like the cold starts but how are the VR FPS?

What do we know?

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

So is this V2 campaign update still in openbeta maybe or am I overlooking something?

I am on stable DCS, I think it’s a campaign with potential, especially with the V2 adjustments…

but I don’t see any of the changelogs yet in the campaign as mentioned above…

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Thanks for all these improvments !

I noticed a issue with cold start on mission 'CHEMICAL ALLEY'.

As we have to start up the aircraft, KC135 ARCO does not change its departure schedule. So when we are airborne, we are very far away from the Tanker, I had to fly Gate to try catchin' the Tanker. I reached it when I was on WP2, and I burned a lot of fuel for nothing !

Maybe it would be more efficient to delay the popup of the tanker flight as we have necessary time to start up our plane ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2023 at 9:45 AM, pibrom said:

Maybe it would be more efficient to delay the popup of the tanker flight as we have necessary time to start up our plane ?

Tanker issue now fixed, available in next OB update

How is VR FPS?

We use Varjo Aero and get pretty good FPS. often 50-65 fps

• 8 months later...

How is that cold start supposed to work. for me it says mission 1 hotstart -> press skip mission 1 cold start-> press skip mission 2 hotstart -> mission 2 cold start? Am I supposed just to skip to one i want?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Am 26.2.2024 um 18:55 schrieb Wiggo:

How is that cold start supposed to work. for me it says mission 1 hotstart -> press skip mission 1 cold start-> press skip mission 2 hotstart -> mission 2 cold start? Am I supposed just to skip to one i want?

Did you find any solution? Maybe @Looking Glass could creat 2 Campaignfiles. One coded with only hotstart versions and the other with the coldstart versions of the mission? Then the user could choose which version he wants to play. To skip the missions is bad for the campaign progress.

• Like 2

On 3/29/2024 at 4:55 AM, NuclearHunter said:

Did you find any solution? Maybe @Looking Glass could creat 2 Campaignfiles. One coded with only hotstart versions and the other with the coldstart versions of the mission? Then the user could choose which version he wants to play. To skip the missions is bad for the campaign progress.

Yeah, that would be the best way imho also. Now wondering what is the use of datalink pod in mission chemical ally where you bomb low flying those chem factories. Any clue why there is pod and do not change the loadout? Would good to know because dont have a clue how it is used. 😄 should i like choose some channel for it or what. Kneeboard doesnt say ANYTHING about it. 😮

Am 29.3.2024 um 03:55 schrieb NuclearHunter:

Rising Squall does the same with Carrier and Supercarrier Versions. So should be managable 🙂