[FIXED] JF-17 Emergency O2 not working?

ExpensiveFun9681

Hello,

Long story short, I am finding myself unable to survive when undergoing a decompression at high altitude in the JF-17. The desired action would be to enable RAM air, the Emergency O2, then descend ASAP. However, it seems like the Emergency O2 is not providing me with any oxygen in question, I am therefore blacking out no matter if it is on or off. Not really sure what's going on.

Edited by uboats

Hello,

Long story short, I am finding myself unable to survive when undergoing a decompression at high altitude in the JF-17. The desired action would be to enable RAM air, the Emergency O2, then descend ASAP. However, it seems like the Emergency O2 is not providing me with any oxygen in question, I am therefore blacking out no matter if it is on or off. Not really sure what's going on.

null

• RAM Air enabled
  • Emergency O2 handle pulled
  • O2 mode switched to 100%
  • Suit connected
  • Mask connected

Just to be sure about the configuration, I even started a free flight already set-up. To no avail. Still blacking out despite using the Emergency O2.

Any ideas?

image.png

3 minutes ago, ExpensiveFun9681 said:

Which valve? I mean, the screenshot is attached. Like I've said, even tried it in free flight instant action, therefore didn't have to start it manually. You can therefore try it there as a reference.

i have no issue with that, can you record a full video?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

3小时前,uboats说:

i have no issue with that, can you record a full video?

1小时前,ExpensiveFun9681说:

You don't? Well, I simply climb to a high altitude(preferably over 30k ft), flame-out the engine, that's it.

It seems that the blackout is (probably) wrongly connected only with speed, not the switches or the engine RPM.

If you stay above roughly 250 kts IAS after engine flame out from 30000ft, even if you do nothing else (no ram air, no emer oxy) after the flame out the blackout will not appear. This speed may vary with altitude.

To check this, you can turn off the ECS to cut the bleed air from engine and depress the cabin while leave the engine on, then set the speed you want and see what happens. The blackout will come at a speed near this value and will disappear if you gain speed in time.

Edited by Torbernite

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.

• uboats changed the title to [CHK] JF-17 Emergency O2 not working?
  • uboats changed the title to [FIXED] JF-17 Emergency O2 not working?
23小时前,uboats说:

issue found, it's due to some bugged sim for low temp (ecs off, pit temp dropped rapidly)

How about this?

with ECS off I can normally fly at 40000ft 300kts IAS, only blackout at 230kts and revived at 38000ft 300kts and no faint again.

JF17ECS.trk

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.

2 hours ago, Torbernite said:

How about this?

with ECS off I can normally fly at 40000ft 300kts IAS, only blackout at 230kts and revived at 38000ft 300kts and no faint again.

JF17ECS.trk 615.63 kB · 0 downloads

i implemented a simple aerodynamic heating for higher speed, so it could counteract the low temp in pit at high alt

nullimage.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

32 minutes ago, ExpensiveFun9681 said:

Wait, am I missing something? I mean, the next patch has just released, doesn't seem to be fixed.

Next Open Beta.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria