Finger Tracker Device

A few years ago I saw a device that you put on your finger that allows you to point and click buttons/switches in the cockpit. It was meant for VR players but I see a use for it while using TrackIR as well, especially when flying propeller driven planes that don't have aileron trim.

I've forgotten what it is called though and my interweb searches are coming up empty. Does anyone know what this device is called? Or even better have a link to it?

Thanks in advance for any help that is given.

Awesome product I love it, use mine most every day with DCS. Be aware they are very popular and currently wait time is around 1 year. You can get on wait list and hopefully that will improve throughout the year. No request to pay until it is ready to ship and no problem cancelling if needed. Also I can only speak to using it in VR.

Edited by dburne
  • Thanks 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

5 hours ago, dburne said:

Awesome product I love it, use mine most every day with DCS. Be aware they are very popular and currently wait time is around 1 year. You can get on wait list and hopefully that will improve throughout the year. No request to pay until it is ready to ship and no problem cancelling if needed. Also I can only speak to using it in VR.

Thanks! I'm not sure if it will work with a TrackIR set up yet, but I'm about to find out. 🙂

Although not yet optimized for 2–D, I was able to achieve reasonable PointCTRL functionality with Track-ir.  Since relocating my pit in a new home I have not yet installed PointCTRL.

It requires a stationary overhead mount for the sensor as opposed to mounting it on a VR headset.

The product designer/manufacturer, Miles, is very supportive but as indicated above struggles to keep up with demand for this outstanding product.

Understandably, VR support is likely to prevail and 2-D friendly PointCTRL tweaks are unlikely in the foreseeable future.  

• Thanks 1

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS