Notification every n seconds while inside a zone

42jeff
Go to solution Solved by DishDoggie,

I'm creating a mission where a radar controller is talking you into release position.  I have zones worked out funneling the player into release position, but am having trouble getting the triggers to work right for the talk on.

I have a repetitive trigger identifying whether you are in the "come left" "come right" or "on course zone" and turning on a flag for whichever one.

I have a switched trigger telling you what you need to do depending on which zone you're in and then turning off that original flag so the switched flag will refire reminding you that you're still off or on course. 

Trouble I'm having, it's just rapid fire "come left come left come left come left".   I set a "TIME SINCE FLAG" to 3, and they won't fire at all.

I tried again with a second trigger giving that time since flag, firing a second flag which fires the audio call.  That third one turns off all flags.  But sadly, this one didn't work either.

Don't Panic!

You may be running into the issue where a Zone flag goes True for a unit in a zone Every Second.  My clue is the Time Since Flag (3) -- since the Zone flag is going True every second, three seconds never passes.  I use a "Latch" flag that goes True as soon as the Zone flag goes True.  The Latch flag is later set to False with Condition Zone flag is False and Latch Flag is True.

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

• Solution

I did this in a mission I made called Hell Of A Day At Sea with moving zones on a ship. It has 3 Zones Near, Medium, Far. When my huey enters a zone a Sound File is played so it checks I am in What Zone and if I am the sound file plays. If I am in the Zone for any time even if I could hang in it for hours it checks every 60 seconds and plays the sound file. If I move into Medium zone from Far Zone a new check starts for that zone and the Far Zone is shut off The sound files are Fog Horns to fake you out in the Fog to think you are far away (and you are) then Medium (it get's louder) then Near (very loud fog horn) all this will work in Reverse as you Leave away from the Ship moving through all 3 zones again. It is kind of a Loop Back system on a set timer. one for each Zone and all flag trips using flag equals and flag on and off triggers with time since flag timers. You can Download the Mission from the Huey section of DCS User Files to see how I did it. Forgive me If I am not understanding you for what you need. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2023 at 6:42 PM, DishDoggie said:

I did this in a mission I made called Hell Of A Day At Sea with moving zones on a ship. It has 3 Zones Near, Medium, Far. When my huey enters a zone a Sound File is played so it checks I am in What Zone and if I am the sound file plays. If I am in the Zone for any time even if I could hang in it for hours it checks every 60 seconds and plays the sound file. If I move into Medium zone from Far Zone a new check starts for that zone and the Far Zone is shut off The sound files are Fog Horns to fake you out in the Fog to think you are far away (and you are) then Medium (it get's louder) then Near (very loud fog horn) all this will work in Reverse as you Leave away from the Ship moving through all 3 zones again. It is kind of a Loop Back system on a set timer. one for each Zone and all flag trips using flag equals and flag on and off triggers with time since flag timers. You can Download the Mission from the Huey section of DCS User Files to see how I did it. Forgive me If I am not understanding you for what you need. 

So I had a hard time sorting out your flag numbers.  Of course I'm a little tired so that didn't help.  HOWEVAH comma...your counting method made total sense to me and I got it to work.  One trigger at the start of the bomb run sets the five flags to zero (right, on, left, high, low, fast, slow), then a seperate trigger for each set to repetitive to identify that you are in a zone or condition, next trigger set to repetitive...sees that that condition or zone was evident then that flag is increased by one, one final trigger for each sees that that flag is at 8 (the three I had initially thinking proved SUPER annoying) so each 8 seconds you're in that zone you'll get nagged by the radar controller "Come Left/Right, You're on Course,Youre too high,etc"  

Thanks for the idea.

• Like 1

Don't Panic!

On 5/27/2023 at 6:54 PM, 42jeff said:

So I had a hard time sorting out your flag numbers.  Of course I'm a little tired so that didn't help.  HOWEVAH comma...your counting method made total sense to me and I got it to work.  One trigger at the start of the bomb run sets the five flags to zero (right, on, left, high, low, fast, slow), then a seperate trigger for each set to repetitive to identify that you are in a zone or condition, next trigger set to repetitive...sees that that condition or zone was evident then that flag is increased by one, one final trigger for each sees that that flag is at 8 (the three I had initially thinking proved SUPER annoying) so each 8 seconds you're in that zone you'll get nagged by the radar controller "Come Left/Right, You're on Course,Youre too high,etc"  

Thanks for the idea.

Thank You I am Glad you got a working version from it. I am Sorry because doing a smaller version I did I can only imagine the Brilliant logic work you had to do to research what I did then Improve it into your version. I am impressed with what you have done. I know how much work it takes just to do what I did. Thanks Again.