[REQUEST] file organisation manual for installing skins

jackd

Hello, as a wee bit of a skinning 'expert' with IL2 i still cannot get the hang of how skin (liveries) are organized in DCS.

There are homemade tools i tried, which one is actually working?

============

Instruction videos; some are well made, but i have three main problems with them in general:

1) i am quite deaf and the audio of the voice overs are often done quite vaguely and amateurish (sorry, been a pro sound for video editor for years).

2) Watching video's with a low resolution where you cannot read small text like file location bars etc. are more or less useless.

3) Usually one looks for one small item which is either missing or mentioned once briefly, and especially looking for it is just too time consuming.

Now isn't there a properly done PDF manual on how you should get skins (liveries) to import in and work with DCS?

====================================

This ModerViewer2 needs such a manual as well, i spent half a day on trying to figure out how to get it going, but still have some issues with it.

28 minutes ago, jackd said:

Now isn't there a properly done PDF manual on how you should get skins (liveries) to import in and work with DCS?

Not sure if this will fit your request, but this is a very extensive essay into skinning using the F-86 as an example … other dcs aircrafts are similar but the element’s names are different:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hcJtQA2EMSqc1nnKkA

the original website no longer exists, I saved this on pdf before ot disappeared.

• Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hi Rudel, that's really an enlightening document and great help in understanding it. DCS is almost as complex as Windows itself.

Also it shows maybe why DCS is a commercial success as with windows?:

So many 'flaws' to be externally corrected, adapted & supported by 3rd parties, so that at the end everyone depends on it's growth to stardom.

Edited by jackd