HOTAS Slew control disappeared

thermalguy
Go to solution Solved by jaylw314,

I use the thrustmaster A-10 throttle and stick and with the last update my slew control does not work on the throttle anymore. I look under the controls settings and it only has the keyboard commands. When I try to reset or add there is no option to get it back to the HOTAS.

Can anyone help me to reset or where I can download a LUA. file for the thrust master, I looked on the DCS site and the only LUA files are for other controllers. I just need the factory default I think, please let me know what to do.

Thank you

• Solution

I think you need to look under 'Assign Axis' and assign the slew control axes (not the keyboard commands) appropriately.

Right-clicking on the device in the Assign Axis screen (not the buttons screen) should also allow you to reset them to default?

1 hour ago, thermalguy said:

nullI tried the Axis commands and no luck there, attached are two screen shots of my HOTAS commands and Axis commands.null

image.jpeg

Looks like you have The JOY_X and JOY_Y axes bound to the TDC Slew for the Warthog throttle.  I don't know if those are the correct axes for the Warthog, but if you click on JOY_X (or JOY_Y) and then 'Axis Tune' you should be able to move it around with the physical controller.  If it doesn't move, then there's something wrong with the device's setup or hardware.  If it does move, there may be a DCS issue or skill issue (like not assigning SOI to the TGP page before slewing).

I don't know if this is helpful to you, but apparently others have had issues with the TDC slew. This is a youtube video I found:

Granted, I don't have a Warthog throttle so this doesn't apply to me, but it looks like it got several other people back up and running.

Edited by adamant365

18 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

If you press the Print Screen key on your keyboard, you will take a screenshot instead of using your cellphone.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

LOL, TIL, I didn't realize this would work in the menu screens!

• Like 1

I got it working. I ended up reloading the driver and also downloaded the T.A.R.G.E.T software from Thrustmaster and got the firmware. So one of these three things seemed to remedy the issue. Thanks for all the input it helps to make you think of things to try.

• Like 1