Quick Zoom/ Snap Zoom ?

hnbdgr

Hi! Where can i find a quick zoom setting in DCS? In IL2 and Blitz there's a quick zoom setting that allows you to zoom to a desired FOV for the duration of the button press. Once the user lets go off the button zoom reverts to last remembered zoom.

Essentially it's a decoupled snap view, where the head position doesn't change, only the zoom and there's a transition "zoom" animation which is preferred to the usual snap zoom effect. As the latter can be jarring and make you lose track of your target sometimes.

any help appreciated!

On 6/7/2023 at 12:10 PM, draconus said:

Go to Controls > select UI Layer category > find Zoom options.

I thought the ones in that menu section were all VR-specific? Or has that changed now?

yeah so it looks like there's a bit specifically for VR...

Ok I didn't find any Quick zoom options in DCS  apart from some mods maybe. But then if i get used to a mod enabled zoom and then decide to play online i won't be able to do it... so i don't want to do that.

The functionality I'm after is:

On Button press, zoom in (either instantly, but better yet smoothly progressively)

On Release - zoom goes back to previous level. (again best if it's smooth and progressive)

Afair default slow zoom keys are Num+"*" and Num+"/" or just mouse wheel. I used to have it bound to HOTAS plus one button for reset view/zoom like what Num+"5" does.

What module you want to use it with?

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

4 hours ago, hnbdgr said:

the ww2 warbirds for now

image.png

Just bind zoom in, out and normal (reset) to the keys or buttons you want.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

yes but that's several button presses. I'm looking for a single button press solution. Let me explain:

one button.

Button Press - camera zooms in to a preset zoom level from current zoom level. duration of smooth zoom 0.5 seconds or so. Ideally this speed is adjustable.

Button Release- camera zooms in to previously held zoom level, smoothly in 0.5 seconds.

So instead of 3 buttons I only need one.

On 6/17/2023 at 8:17 AM, hnbdgr said:

Ideally this speed is adjustable.

You can adjust the speed like this

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5