Take Off From Ramp Starts In Air

Bluto74

My F-16 starts rolling on cold spawn on Ramon Air Base 01 and 02. 02 also have a lip that looks like it's 30-40cm tall which my rolling F-16 bounces on.

No Rolling on 03, but that lip is still there although fading off.

Ramon 02.jpg

Edited by Nasder
  • Thanks 1

/Nasder, "I came, I saw, I got shot down."

5 minutes ago, Nasder said:

My F-16 starts rolling on cold spawn on Ramon Air Base 01 and 02. 02 also have a lip that looks like it's 30-40cm tall which my rolling F-16 bounces on.

No Rolling on 03, but that lip is still there although fading off.

Ramon 02.jpg

added to bug list, thks, will be fixed

• Thanks 1

Nevatim, F/A-18, Spots 20 and 21, takeoff from ramp or takeoff from parking hot (those are the combinations tested), click the green fly arrow, do NOT save, you end up in the air.  If you takeoff from the ground hot and put yourself more or less in slot 20 it works.

In another mission that was saved those slots worked fine, so it might be the saved game, it might be the other elements in the mission, something.  I had to start new and not save it to get the results I had seen earlier.

<edit>

Added slot 1 and 25 (covered) to my test.  All of them put me in the exact same place mid-air.  It's an empty, default mission with just one aircraft, but not saved.

</edit

Edited by Raisuli
  • Thanks 1

I did try the open parking slots in the west at Nevatim for the 18s. No joy - they'd also start in the air when usung "start at ramp". Starting on ground does work well.

F-5s also had trouble at Nevatim. At first I thought it's the outboard canted tails of the F-18s that do a lot of harm, making them hard to fit under the shelters, but that seems to not be the issue.

Ramon is doing fine.

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

20 hours ago, Crash2 said:

Seeing this also at Nevatim tried parking spots 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 23, 27, 53, and 71

Same here with A10CII

Corsair 5000D Black - i913900KS 24 core 3.2GHz - ASUS Z790 Hero DDR5 - 64GB Dominator DDR5 - iCUE H150i Liquid Cooler - QL iCUE Fans- PNY 24GB RTX4090 - 2TB 990 Pro - 2TB 980 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS/Throttle and TRP Pedals - Cougars MFD - Total Controls MFBB - TEK AHCP - Trak Racer TR8 Pro cockpit and a frustrating Pimax 8kx Varjo Aero.... "So I commandeered the police car and was giving people rides in it for $80… I don't call it a drinking problem; I call it a 'making to much money' problem"--Jungle Recon

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/12/2023 at 9:46 AM, OnReTech said:

Thanks, added to the bug list. Priority - highest

March 2024 - Still happening. Spent hours creating a detailed map at Nevatim and on testing I couldn't work out where the mass firebomb was coming from until I noted 3 AI aircraft air spawning over the runway and not from their allocated park slots of 01, 03 & 05.

When you say Priority Highest. Do you mean ... within the 1st couple of years? 🤣

i9 14900K - ROG Maximus Z790 Hero - GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4090 - 64GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 XMP - Samsung 4TB SSD - Pimax Crystal - Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle & Joystick - VirPil AH-64D Grip - Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals 

Also at Nevatim I created a mission with uncontrolled F-16s

I think it was parking 43 where the uncontrolled F-16 would start in the air and crash close to runway 08R

I'll try to recreate it soon and post a track file

• 4 weeks later...