Desired improvements for the future

Razorback

The maps is already great at the release  but some changes or improvements could make this map even more incredible in the future 👍

- Powerlines visible on less zoom in F10 map.
- Possibility to show or hidden the helipads and SAM sites on the F10 map.
- Change of coulour for the road on the F10 map (not grey but depending of the road classes...red, orange, yello, white, black).
- Various model of helipads and not only copy/paste of the current "circular" helipads.
- Graphic Improvments of the rocky hills (only small parts are really great).
- Activities (static airplanes, trucks, logistical stuffs, lugages) on civilian airports.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hi,
02 more remarks after some flight hours on the map.

• Build-Up areas
    All the build-up areas are really nice (Port Saïd is just wouawwwww) but there is no suburbs, it's generally large buildings and then it stops on the limit and you are immediately in sandy or wooded areas and/or gardens...It could be interesting to add some suburbs with small houses along the main cities. Currently cities looks like Manhattan!
  • Helipad
    The helipads are of course useful for those who fly helicopters on the map. No interest for planes. Adding this type of installation to the F10 card is a real innovation.
    So if it's a bonus for those who fly helicopters (at low altitude), it would be interesting to make these areas more realistic.
    We could add buildings, static objects such as fire extinguishers, crates, GPUs and tanker trucks,....
    In short, we could make these places even more interesting... while adding different types of helipad (varying from the current ones, which are virtually identical throughout the map).

Build-upe area.JPG

Screen_230614_172427.jpg

Edited by Razorback
  • Like 9

Flatter taxiways or smoother gradients for taxiways that aren't totally level would be nice as well. There's some taxiways (Nevatim, Cairo Int'l so far) that have very angular drop offs that make taxiing a wild experience on occasion. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't call my post a direct request, more like a sigh... I was really looking forward to this map, mainly because of the area of Israel and the Sinai Peninsula.
I'll admit it... I'm disappointed. Overall, the map looks somewhat uninteresting, the shades of the surface textures are quite faded, the detailed textures of the rock formations are a rarity. Otherwise, the terrain is so round, uniform...
This area was a challenge for the developers due to the Dead Sea... As we know, you can't model terrain below 0 sea level and I was curious to see how they deal with it. I'm aware of all the technical limitations in map development, but this was also a big disappointment. The terrain around is too flat, I could imagine that, for example, the hills and mountains around the Dead Sea will be adjusted in height so that they are highlighted, even if at the expense of their "real" altitude.
I previously had one question regarding air bases. According to the available materials, it appears that at some bases the fortified stands (hangars) are below the level of the surrounding terrain, and the planes then depart from them as if "uphill". It would certainly be an interesting feature...
Cities. buildings... are just geometrically arranged formations, they even repeat themselves depending on the area. I admit that I have a problem with orientation, it would be nice to add some suburbs, important buildings, landmarks, etc. Here I would plead for more variety.
It is also clear to me that the goal was not to create a VFR map, but if I am comparing it with, in my opinion, probably the best current map for DCS: Syria. And let's face it, for example, the north of Israel is almost perfect, including the representation of the city of Haifa (including such a trifle as the Bahai Gardens).
We are at the beginning, I believe that the future will bring many new and good things.

I know the team has done a great job and I thank them for that. I don't want to provoke a difficult discussion here, I'm just giving my opinion, I think even this will be interesting for developers, if not, nothing happens. There's no need to comment, either someone has a similar feeling or just say to yourself, that guy is completely off 🙂

• Like 5

AMD 5800X, 64GB RAM, RTX3080, HP Reverb G2

No, you are not close, you are right, the OnreTech team is strong and they have done a remarkable job, but I think, like you, that a little diversity would not have hurt and the terrain a little better modeled would have been great, or the hill where Jerusalem is better represented would have given more immersion, but here they did not do it.
Maybe over time they will improve that.
Like you and many others we hope they improve the maps of SINAI🤔

• Like 6